• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Jun 19, 2009
I had preordered Majesty 2 a couple months back through Amazon.com and I received an email from them today explaining the the release date had been moved to June 21st (although in another spot it says June 23rd). Upon further investigation, I found a few more sources that verify this new release date, but I can't seem to find any official word about it directly from Paradox or on Majesty2.com, so I'm not really sure what to believe. Does anyone have any information on this? If it is released next week, I would be one happy camper! I've been waiting for this game for 9 years! w00t!

Thanks in advance,
- Cameron

Last edited:
That's interesting that you're still sticking with the September release date as just about every source I can find is now saying June 21st. Just a piece of advice: even if it supposedly doesn't come out until September, just in case, I'd still preorder all of your copies through Amazon.com prior to June 21st just in case they ship then. According to Amazon.com I'm supposed to have my copy in my hands on June 23rd.

Even Gamespot and IGN have changed the release date to "Q3 2009", and September is Q4. (June, by the way, is Q3!)

From Wikipedia's Majesty 2 page: "Majesty 2: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim is an upcoming real-time strategy game developed by 1C:Ino-Co and published by Paradox Interactive[1]. The game was announced on April 18, 2008 and is scheduled for release June 21st, 2009[2]. It is a sequel to Cyberlore's Majesty: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim. Paradox announced that they will be updating and reinventing aspects of the game, but the humour and charm of the original Majesty will remain."

Eat your hearts out!!!

Last edited:
Last edited:
Fredrik Wester, Paradox CEO: "Beginning of September is our target date."

Source

No, you don't seem to understand. According to Amazon.com, September 19th (I believe it was) was the set release date but everything was updated to this new June release date practically overnight. When I first started this thread yesterday I had JUST received the notice from Amazon.com via email about the date being changed. That source you provided is dated June 4th. At that time every source on the internet and that I could find was quoting a September release date, but it was just changed 36 hours ago or so. So that quote and source is irrelevant because it was made prior to the release date being change. And I'm sure a huge retailer like Amazon.com wouldn't just change their release date on a whim.

I'm not saying it's definitely going to come out in the next few days, but I am saying that if it actually does, I am going to laugh in all of your faces. Lol.

Maybe the game is close to being finished and will be released within a few days, but it would be strange since they did postpone the releasedate earlier.
I'm expecting a September release until someone from Paradox says otherwise.

That seems... unlikely.

And forwarding a game a few months can have devestating consequences to it's quality (see KOTOR2) so I rather hope not as well.

It doesnt have any bearing on the quality of a game. Just on the amount of polish and bugs. The bare game should have been done months ago.

Also if the game itself is fun Ill be able to handle some bugs and quirks. On the other hand if the game sucks then no amount of polish will save it.

That said: Let it be out in two days.

General word of advice:

NEVER accept the word of a retailer over the company. They have a tendency to pull release dates out of their nether regions in an effort to encourage people to put their money down early. I've heard of a story of an Electronics Boutique trying to claim that a particular game was coming out six months before it actually did... to someone who worked for the company!

In this case, though, since Amazon had had a September date previously... I suspect they just had a hiccough in their system and reverted to the previous estimate for the release date.

Uh...

Amazon's UK site says Majesty 2 is due to release in September, but the American site says it was out yesterday. And some other site says it's out on the first of January next year. Solved? Dream on.

Paradox CEO (Fredrik Wester) said September. A member of Paradox dev team (Johan) said September. Former employee of 1C:Ino-Co said September. But if you think that a random website is better source than developers and publishers together then...
Of course this is not absolutely sure but I doubt that the game came out yesterday (even Paradox doesn't know that they game is released :D ). And I doubt that it wil come only in January.... And maybe I am naive but I am 90% sure about September.

Almost always the game developers of any game will tell you that when there is an official release date, they will let you know first. Why would they not want their loyal fans who read the forums to know when they can buy their game so they can get our money? Of course Paradox is going to let us know and not make us use Amazon.com as our source.

Until they say something official on their website or on the forums, don't trust any other websites.

(BTW, wikipedia's information is updated by anyone who wants too. They aren't official or to be considered as fact in any way. They probably just said June 21 because someone like you saw it on Amazon then went there and editted it.)