Nemesis steam success strategy

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Vilcoyote

First Lieutenant
39 Badges
Mar 11, 2014
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • PDXCon 2019 "Baron"
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Darkest Hour
hello everyone, I openned steam today and see that my achievment progress bar on stellaris was not at 100% anymore.
You know what it's mean :
succès.png

So most of them should be quite straigh foward (first contact, spy thing and "take half the galaxy, rule it or destroy it") and will make us discover everything about the extension which is great.
Know the thing that bugs me (highlighted on picture) : lead a rebellion and save the galaxy. I have no confidence on the AI to take the galaxy to begin with so is there someone that think it will be possible to do it without breaking the game logic by taking half the galaxy (to get 51% of the vote) as usual, then propose a custodian, get our finger crossed that it will stay the custode until (big hypothesis here) the player can propose the custode to declare the Imperium and then break it in leading the rebellion. I am right?

Or do devs want us to roll a one million side dice again (remember galatron and infinity sphere) to get this achievement?

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions:
The question's less about whether the AI is capable of becoming the Emperor on its own (unlikely barring a serious lucky break on its part) and more about how likely the AI is to become Emperor if the player's already given them a golden opportunity to do so. It's certainly possible for you to find a Fanatic Authoritarian AI (or create one by playing F. Authoritarian Xenophile yourself and spinning off vassals), then gift them a bunch of well-developed territory to boost their diplo weight and vote for them as Custodian-for-Life. At that point, I'd argue it's an oversight if the AI doesn't try to form the Imperium within a few decades (and, obviously, you'll vote for them, the resolution will pass, and then you can betray them at your leisure).

I don't think there's much risk of the AI losing Custodianship in the meantime. You'll probably want to make yourself Councilor to ensure you can abolish term limits as an emergency resolution, but beyond that it'd be weird for an Authoritarian AI to vote against centralizing power when they'd be the beneficiary.

Reactions:
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
the thing about stellaris achievements is... lots of people just utterly ignore them since they are forced behind 1; vanilla, and 2; monthly autosave, which is the ACTUAL dealbreaker

i still find it really weird that ... developers just disable achievements for anyone using mods, considering mods are almost always the thing that keeps their userbase playing beyond the first months after a launch, and 2, usually they are the ones encouraging mods too

i have more than a thousand hours played with stellaris, and only got 28 achivements, why?
because a sandbox fcking simply just FUNCTIONS BETTER in every way with mods, tailoring the sandbox to the users wishes

• 1Like
Reactions:
I just simply don't care that you don't care because you like to play with mod (I couldn't pass this one after your last sentence).

You maybe out of the point of the debate here

• 2Haha
Reactions:
They do that because it's pretty easy to make mods that make getting achievements trivial.
and?

its pretty trivial to download achievement enabler too

Reactions:
and?

its pretty trivial to download achievement enabler too
Why have achievements at all if you're expecting everyone to just hack them anyway? You're missing the whole point that an achievement is to represent that the player achieved something. The devs don't want people to get achievements unless they do the work to get the achievement, they're not going to intentionally make it easier for people who want to take the easy way out.

Of course some people will hack achievements, but the only benefit to having an achievement is a sense of pride and accomplishment. I don't think that someone hacking achievements is going to get the same sense of pride and accomplishment that comes from doing an achievement in game.

Reactions:
Why have achievements at all if you're expecting everyone to just hack them anyway? You're missing the whole point that an achievement is to represent that the player achieved something. The devs don't want people to get achievements unless they do the work to get the achievement, they're not going to intentionally make it easier for people who want to take the easy way out.
There are mods which don't make the game easier.

And some of the achievements are more about the game's RNG than about the player "doing the work".

Reactions:
There are mods which don't make the game easier.

And some of the achievements are more about the game's RNG than about the player "doing the work".
It's not the devs job to look at every mod on the workshop and choose to allow some mods and not allow others based on how each mod affects the difficulty, so they just blanket disable achievements for them. This isn't a hard concept to grasp. Mods which only change graphics, UI, etc and don't change the checksum are fine by the way.

Reactions:
It's not the devs job to look at every mod on the workshop and choose to allow some mods and not allow others based on how each mod affects the difficulty, so they just blanket disable achievements for them. This isn't a hard concept to grasp. Mods which only change graphics, UI, etc and don't change the checksum are fine by the way.
You're claiming that it is the dev's job to decide that some mods make the game easier, therefore all mods are prohibited.

If it's not the dev's job to decide, then why are you demanding they do exactly that?

An obvious alternative would be letting the player turn ironman on or off, and get achievements if it's on, no other requirements.

If the player feels like cheating, then it could be an option to turn ironman off mid-game (and not record achievements after that point).

Reactions:
You're claiming that it is the dev's job to decide that some mods make the game easier, therefore all mods are prohibited.

If it's not the dev's job to decide, then why are you demanding they do exactly that?

An obvious alternative would be letting the player turn ironman on or off, and get achievements if it's on, no other requirements.

If the player feels like cheating, then it could be an option to turn ironman off mid-game (and not record achievements after that point).
Your argument doesn't logically follow at all. Try again, but without saying the opposite of what I said and then saying that I'm claiming that.

Reactions:
Your argument doesn't logically follow at all. Try again, but without saying the opposite of what I said and then saying that I'm claiming that.
You don't follow that logic? Okay.

Let me try again:

- If you want the devs to enforce disabling achievements if any mods are detected, then YOU are demanding that the devs take a stance on mods making the game easier. This is their current stance, and you are demanding they keep it. Retaining the current implementation is taking a side.

- However, the current stance is not logically consistent because not all mods make the game easier. Some make it harder, some don't particularly change the difficulty. Disabling achievements when mods are detected isn't "preserving the challenge", not when it's preventing some players from using bugfix mods and extra-challenging mods.

- If you don't like that stance, the logically consistent position is to let the player decide if achievements are enabled or not -- which the player can actually do already by adding another mod -- but the easier and more consistent way to do this would be to let the player decide by enabling or disabling Ironman.

Reactions:
You don't follow that logic? Okay.

Let me try again:

- If you want the devs to enforce disabling achievements if any mods are detected, then YOU are demanding that the devs take a stance on mods making the game easier. This is their current stance, and you are demanding they keep it. Retaining the current implementation is taking a side.

- However, the current stance is not logically consistent because not all mods make the game easier. Some make it harder, some don't particularly change the difficulty. Disabling achievements when mods are detected isn't "preserving the challenge", not when it's preventing some players from using bugfix mods and extra-challenging mods.

- If you don't like that stance, the logically consistent position is to let the player decide if achievements are enabled or not -- which the player can actually do already by adding another mod -- but the easier and more consistent way to do this would be to let the player decide by enabling or disabling Ironman.
So devs habe to Check every mod now to determine how its affecting difficulty? Because no one would lie when classifying their mod of course.

Reactions:
I'm not demanding anything. I'm simply stating facts.

Premise A: If there's a chance that a mod would enable the cheesing of achievements, then the mod should disable achievements.

Premise B: Since the devs can't review every mod, there's a chance every gameplay mod would enable the cheesing of achievements.

Premise C: All gameplay mods should disable achievements.

If A is true and B is true, then C is also true.

It's common sense that achievements should be earned in the gameplay environment the developers intended them to be earned in. Mods change that environment, ergo achievements should not be earned when gameplay mods are enabled.

Reactions:
the logically consistent position is to let the player decide
So devs habe to Check every mod now to determine how its affecting difficulty? Because no one would lie when classifying their mod of course.
Wrong.

Devs don't have to check, and in fact devs can't check since I can edit my own mods locally.

Premise A: If there's a chance that a mod would enable the cheesing of achievements, then the mod should disable achievements.
That's exactly what I'm saying you're wrong about.

It's this premise which dictates your position in this case.

Hopefully you now understand where we disagree, and why I'm taking issue with your argument.

If all mods disable achievements, then even bugfix mods can't be used by players who want achievements -- and if you're saying that game-wrecking bugs are "the gameplay environment the developers intended" then you are wrong about that assumption, too.

Bugfix mods DO currently disable achievements.

Do you actually think bugs are intentional by the devs?

Reactions:
Wrong.

Devs don't have to check, and in fact devs can't check since I can edit my own mods locally.

That's exactly what I'm saying you're wrong about.

It's this premise which dictates your position in this case.

Hopefully you now understand where we disagree, and why I'm taking issue with your argument.

If all mods disable achievements, then even bugfix mods can't be used by players who want achievements -- and if you're saying that game-wrecking bugs are "the gameplay environment the developers intended" then you are wrong about that assumption, too.

Bugfix mods DO currently disable achievements.

Do you actually think bugs are intentional by the devs?
If all mods should enable achievements then I should have a MOD that givese all achievements by just clicking a button. I shouldn't even have to play the game to get all achievements.

There I can move the discussion into ridiculous territory as well.

Reactions: