• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
But what is the correct ratio ?

I have 2 k bombers attacking the japs from China, and they just hit destroyers from time to time and loose massive amounts of bombeers.
i think anyone have a clue, that 50/50 distribution mission is a guesswork.

Theres lots of confusion. theres the floatplanes that increase detection, increase when what? naval patrol?

And theres recon planes, recon planes still reveal navy, but they overlap with naval patrol? are different things?

i don't recommend use NAV on strong surface ships areas, u loss a lot.

But they still strong against SUB's, if u want get rid of enemy SUB's, they're good.

i think anyone have a clue, that 50/50 distribution mission is a guesswork.

Theres lots of confusion. theres the floatplanes that increase detection, increase when what? naval patrol?

And theres recon planes, recon planes still reveal navy, but they overlap with naval patrol? are different things?

i don't recommend use NAV on strong surface ships areas, u loss a lot.

But they still strong against SUB's, if u want get rid of enemy SUB's, they're good.
You don't need to distribute your air force. Some missions have priority over others, in the case, naval bombing is above naval patrol. You can select both to the same aircrafts. They will patrol (which helps increase naval detection) until they find enemy ships, when they will attack it immediately.

In some cases, you can have more expensive aircrafts dedicated to naval patrol missions (like TAC/STRAT), while cheap NAV do the heavy lift. That's a viable strategy too.

About recon planes, they are useful to increase the intel you have from other countries. Which sometimes helps you find where the enemy ships are docked, etc. Though, they can't help to increase naval detection.

• 2Like
Reactions:
About recon planes, they are useful to increase the intel you have from other countries. Which sometimes helps you find where the enemy ships are docked, etc. Though, they can't help to increase naval detection.
@Happy Trigger

Are you sure about that?
Per the wiki section Naval patrol mission:
Scout Planes on this mission perform aerial scouting in the target sea zone without engaging enemy ships. These planes help friendly task forces patrolling the sea zone to spot enemies.
Sounds like an increase in naval detection to me.

It's certainly outdated, because recon planes can't do naval patrol mission (only aircrafts with a torpedo module). Though, every plane in the region helps a little in naval detection.
Not true. See screenshot taken today with only La Résistance enabled.

Scout plane on Naval Patrol mission.png

EDIT: Screenshot with both BBA and La Résistance enabled.
PBY on Naval Patrol mission.png

Last edited:
Reactions:
I don't know if i understand you correctly but you can put all your naval planes on both missions.

They will execute the naval recon mission until a fleet is spotted upon which they execute the naval bombing mission. After the battle they return to naval recon.

The air mission tabs are sorted by priority of execution and can execute only one mission at once.

Short answer is no.

If I understand it correctly it will preform missions from left to right. So if you have both cas and log enabled it will do cas if it can(there are ground combats to join in the region) else do log strikes.

With nav bombing they fly in search of fleets to attack, so they will always run this mission since its always possible.

Naval Patrol helps patroling naval task forces locate enemy fleets faster.

I think cas and interception are the only missions that are conditional, they will only run if they have targets(ground battles or bombers respectivly). So they can have a secondary mission further to the right to preform when the primary is unavailible.

Port strikes might also be theoreticly possible to combine, but I think they are only grounded if enemy air superiority is to high.