• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

kviiri

Field Marshal
37 Badges
Jun 22, 2015
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
As an interesting and challenging regional power, I think Livonian Order deserves a set of ideas of its own, not just the generic theocracy ideas of a German bishopric. Here's my suggestion for their NI's:

Traditions:
-1 national unrest
+10% cavalry combat ability

Idea 1: German ties (+1 diplomatic reputation)
Although very far from the German lands, our ruling elite is still mostly German. Their contacts back West are very useful for making our cause popular across Europe.

Idea 2: Livonian autonomy (-10% stability cost)
On paper, our brotherhood is a branch of the Teutonic Order. In practice, we are free to lead the order as we see fit, answering only to God.

Idea 3: Continue the Northern Crusades (+5% discipline)
The pagans of Baltic coast have been brought into the fold centuries ago. Next, we must bring the true faith to the vile schismatics of Russia. Our armies are ready for a renewed crusade.

Idea 4: Local serfs (+10% production efficiency)
Most of our lands are owned by the German nobles, but farmed by the local serfs. While they toil in the fields, we can collect the benefits of these large centralized holdings.

Idea 5: Sword of Catholicism (+2 yearly papal influence)

Our persistence at the edge of the Catholic world has gradually gained us respect and religious authority that should greatly help us assert our importance to the Holy Father.

Idea 6: Respect of local bishops (+2 tolerance of the True Faith)

Our strength lies not only in crusading knights, but the support of local bishops. By showing them the appropriate respect and ruling over them justly, we can rely on them to maintain our subjects' spiritual integrity.

Idea 7: Foreign recruits (+25% manpower)

The order needs recruits from Germany and beyond to keep up its struggle against the enemies of the true faith. With skilled and devout warriors joining our ranks, we should have no fear of falling in the face of any outside threat.

Ambitions: +10% infantry combat ability

Reactions:
Upvote 0
Well they were German....

Reactions:
Hah, true that. But quite far off from an independent archbishopric of the HRE or something like that.

Well indeed, i support your idea the only thing is +2 papal influence is way to powerful it should be reduced to one.

Reactions:
Well indeed, i support your idea the only thing is +2 papal influence is way to powerful it should be reduced to one.

A lot of countries get +2. Powerful ones like Castile, Ireland and Jerusalem but also ones like Brittany and Ireland. I don't think it's that special.

edit: Teutonic Order gets only +1, but it gets added missionary strength with the same idea (and church power if they convert to protestantism)

Reactions:
A lot of countries get +2. Powerful ones like Castile, Ireland and Jerusalem but also ones like Brittany and Ireland. I don't think it's that special.

edit: Teutonic Order gets only +1, but it gets added missionary strength with the same idea (and church power if they convert to protestantism)

Castlile don't get +2 papal influence they get +2 missionary strength. Teu order gets +2 missionary strength and +1 papal influence/Church power +5% if protestant.

Maybe change Livonian idea to the same as Teu order?

Castlile don't get +2 papal influence they get +2 missionary strength. Teu order gets +2 missionary strength and +1 papal influence/Church power +5% if protestant.

Maybe change Livonian idea to the same as Teu order?

Would be justified because the Livonian Order was basically just a very independant branch of the Teutonic Order.

Reactions:
The last time I checked, Castile's fourth idea "Devout Catholicism" was +2 Papal Influence.

Oh lol that's true but i wrote it late, so i didn't really check, well i should not write so late, its my mistake sorry :p