Name in Game not Updating...for 3+ Years

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Quackytheduck

His Imperial Duckiness
126 Badges
Dec 19, 2010
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Prison Architect
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
So, exactly as the post states, I submitted a request for my name to be in the game via the form when it first launched. Upon checking back on the "authorized and unauthorized" names list, I just am not there. Not even under "all names". So about 9 months ago I tried resubmitting. After checking back, the name is still not in the list. Not sure what to do, as I did buy the name in game edition, and am keeping my post appropriate and under 250 words. I assumed it would at least show up in the "unauthorized" list if I submitted.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Or someone I can talk to about this? I don't see a bug report subforum, so hopefully this is the right place to post this.

There's a button somewhere to update the name-in-game list. I don't remember where.

If you mean in the game, I believe they do that with patches. If you mean from the name in game management website, I didn't see a button other than save, which informed me that my submission had been sent, and would be processed...after which it doesn't show up even in the unapproved names list.

But if there's a button I've missed, that would be well in keeping with my perceptiveness (or lack thereof), so if there is an extra button, let me know. I'm hoping to get the name-in-game thing working before the August final deadline for name-in-game that was announced.

If you mean in the game, I believe they do that with patches. If you mean from the name in game management website, I didn't see a button other than save, which informed me that my submission had been sent, and would be processed...after which it doesn't show up even in the unapproved names list.

But if there's a button I've missed, that would be well in keeping with my perceptiveness (or lack thereof), so if there is an extra button, let me know. I'm hoping to get the name-in-game thing working before the August final deadline for name-in-game that was announced.
If you start the game, go into Options/Settings > Name In The Game and then click on Update. Then start typing in your first or last name given and it should start showing up.
If it does not, it hasn't been processed. You are out of luck though, as they stop the service on August 6th (or 8th?).
If it never worked for you, you might try for refund via Steam, since you never got to enjoy the service in the first place then.

Instructions for Submitting a Name or Editing if you've purchased that version of the game:
  • Visit https://www.introversion.co.uk/prisonarchitect/register and log in to your Introversion Forum account.
    - If you haven’t created a forum account, you can register one here: https://forums.introversion.co.uk/introversion/profile.php?mode=register

• If you bought from Steam, you will have a CD Key that begins with PBIOSM that you can use to verify your "Name in the Game" purchase. Otherwise, if you bought from Introversion directly, the registration application should be able to check the purchase database that you have purchased "Name in the Game" tier or higher using your email address.

• Once the registration process is complete, this same register link will allow you to edit your prisoner’s biography.

• After submitting the biography, please allow a few days for the support staff to approve your update.

If you're having trouble finding your game CD Key, please reach out to the store from which you purchased the game.

If you require assistance after following these steps, please reach out to them on Twitter: https://twitter.com/PrisonArchitect