• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(30192)

Second Lieutenant
Jun 7, 2004
Since the game won't come out until Q3 next year, I presume that we can have a lot to look forward to
I know there a lot of brilliant ideas out there, so perhaps I will just throw in my two cents here
What I expect from HOI3, is less frustration, more flexibility, more 'control' (as I will explain later) and more the 'in the time' feeling. The old HOI and HOI2 are nice but can seem too artificial.
For what I mean:
Less Frustration
1. For example, the peace offer/provinces exchange is extremely painful with a list of provinces and their names not known. Why not just show me the map where I can pick from.
2. The old HOI convoy management and trade system for example, used to be extremely frustrating and time wasting, and is a good example of what I mean frustration.
More flexibility/control
1. Perhaps give us a chance to improve those 'hard-coded' data such as province resources amount, perhaps through technology or resources exploration
2. An actually working game-editor
3. A more customed military units/formations/doctrine perhaps?
Better historical feeling
1. The way they present the game/in-game info that will make us feel more like a decision-maker of the country? (Though this is indeed hard to achieve)
2. Better AI perhaps?

And some more detailed points
Gameplaying and System
1. Window mode - Please add them
2. Background running - Since this game will go for quite a long time, I think BG running is essential so we can actually save some precious time, especially when waiting for things to turn hot
3. Improve late game speed - We all know how everything is going slow and slow as the game progresses, until everything is effectively crawling. If it is possible, please find a way to overcome this problem.
In game improvement
1. Research system - I really like the concept of Research teams and Money. Research teams add historical flavour to the game and IC are invested in researching like HOI but in a better way. Though HOI2 didn't expand on usage of the 'Money' resources than espionage (which I think it has more potential). I hope that HOI3 can retain them and find a way to use those money. And more, I hope HOI3 will allow us to do more to the research teams, such as invest for their improvement
2. Research items - hearing that they're using the old HOI system, I wish that this time they'll make it more organized and easy to follow. The old HOI system appears really confusing to me, while HOI2 though much better organized and presented, appears to be oversimplified/lack of flavour.
3. Resources/IC - not much to say about the IC (as I think the old HOI/HOI2 IC system is OK), except that I hope there is some way we can increase the resources production for provinces, perhaps through a 'risky investment' system