My gift to the BATTLETECH community: A free tribute music album

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

XTRMNTR2K

is hard to kill
85 Badges
Jul 6, 2010
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • BATTLETECH
  • BATTLETECH - Beta Backer
  • BATTLETECH - Backer
  • 500k Club
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars Pre-Order
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Surviving Mars
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition

Hey everyone,

it's been a long time, hasn't it? Feels like I'm making a habit of disappearing for prolonged periods of time these days.

So what is this about? Well, between 2018 and 2020 I have been working on a music album, intended as a gift to YOU - the BattleTech community.

I hope you enjoy my Memories of the 31st Century, and if you do, I ask for only one thing in return:
If you like it and think others would enjoy this as well, please spread the word! I don't use social media (apart from Youtube, that is), but I'd love for as many people as possible to enjoy the fruits of my labor (not to mention my love for all things BattleTech).

So yeah, that's about it. Have fun.

P.S.: The video description has download links for the album, including both mp3 and flac versions of it.

• 3Like
Reactions:
I love this! Getting some setting MW2 feelings from it. I shared it on Twitter so hopefully a few more fans can listen to this.
Thank you so much! Your support means the world to me. :)

I also posted a link on the BT Discord and it has already been shared elsewhere (i.e. reddit) for which I am super grateful.

Truth be told I was a bit hesitant about posting it - because, despite the very positive reception of my previously released Stellaris music mod, I'm not really a musician. Or rather, not a musician at all. :oops: So I am well aware of the shortcomings of this project, but since I put so much passion into it I thought "what the hell, might as well post it so people can judge for themselves". :D

Plus I was holding on to it for far longer than I wanted. It just needed to get out there or it would've driven me crazy sitting on my HDD!

• 1Like
Reactions:
"I created a music album" and "I am not a musician" cannot both be true. Considering I am currently rocking out to your music, I would say the second statement is incorrect. :D

Don't sell yourself short. You created a really cool thing and were brave enough to put it on the internet.

One piece of advice I have heard about writing is that anything you write is better than a blank page. The same idea applies to other media as well. Your music is genuinely enjoyable.

tumblr_inline_oe6igcDKTv1qf773a_540~2.png

• 1Love
Reactions:
Thank you Good Sir!

Your music continues the truly Epic #feelz of Jon’s. Great job! Such depth and resonance, a spectacularly immersive experience!

@joneverist - DRAT!

Oh well, I’ll tweet it to him… :bow:

• 1Love
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Thank you so much for the support, everyone! I'm glad to know you are enjoying the album.

And many, many thanks @Prussian Havoc for notifying Jon Everist of this! I greatly appreciate the support. :D

• 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions: