• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

specialspartan

Recruit
Sep 4, 2020
Because of how absurd AI seduction is at the moment I continually use the debug options to determine if my heir is a bastard. Three times now however, my heir has lived until his teenager years being, by all accounts legitimate, then suddenly being shown to have a different father in the debug. What the hell? Is this a bug or is there some information being kept from me for reasons not apparent?

Because of how absurd AI seduction is at the moment I continually use the debug options to determine if my heir is a bastard. Three times now however, my heir has lived until his teenager years being, by all accounts legitimate, then suddenly being shown to have a different father in the debug. What the hell? Is this a bug or is there some information being kept from me for reasons not apparent?
If it’s for CK3 I’m almost sure its the consequence of someone’s Spymaster forging a “secret” while looking for secrets at your court. Basically they make some rumor up to then blackmail one of the parts involved.

There does exist a pretty nasty bug in CK2 with one of the maternity events which retro-actively (by a few days) changes your heir to a bastard leading to possible game end - but if you reload the game it gets fixed.

Reactions:
There does exist a pretty nasty bug in CK2 with one of the maternity events which retro-actively (by a few days) changes your heir to a bastard leading to possible game end - but if you reload the game it gets fixed.

I agree that this event exists, but I think the event is deliberate - not a bug.

Maybe the bug is that the bastard is still classed as your heir? In this case, as with all other outdated-succession bugs, you can indeed save-and-reload to force the game to recalculate succession.

I agree that this event exists, but I think the event is deliberate - not a bug.

Maybe the bug is that the bastard is still classed as your heir? In this case, as with all other outdated-succession bugs, you can indeed save-and-reload to force the game to recalculate succession.

When you reload he's no longer a bastard but your true dynastic heir. This is on Ironman.

Status
Not open for further replies.