• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Quardak

Sergeant
11 Badges
Feb 25, 2018
  • Magicka
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • BATTLETECH
  • BATTLETECH - Beta Backer
  • BATTLETECH - Backer
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Crusader Kings II
So lets collect some Tipps+Tricks for MW-5 ... making your Merc life easier:

First:
TAB is your Friend. Simply Press TAB outside a Mission and you are in the Command-Mode to repair your Mechs and take the next Mission... no more running up the stairs to Rhyanna.

Second:
You can repair between multiple-Mission-Contracts. After Mission 1 start the repair of your Mechs... every Mission has a Duration. So some Repairs to you Armor can be done and you can use Your Mechs in Mission 3 or 4 again in a better condition.

Third:
Hero Mechs are worth the Cbills. Grind, Grind, Grind on those Multi-Mission Contracts... build up the necessary Investment Funds and then go on a tour of Industrial Worlds to find Heros that fit well with your level of play and tactics.

That first tip is pure QoL.
The 2nd i´ll try whenever i get a multimission with more than 2. But seems a nice idea.
The 3rd is so true. Even hero mechs you won´t use are worth for their DHS if you can spare the cash.

Tip: Watch the Youtube Video from TTB about Hero-Mechs. Which ohne are worth the C-Bills...

Hidden Champion: UrbanMech K9. Cost 2.9 Million and deliever 9 Double Heatsinks to extract.

Tip: Shoot low against fast mechs (6/9 move or higher). Even a glancing blow from an assault alpha usually hacks a leg away, and the speed reduction helps against the annoying tactic AI uses on every fast mech (circling you while shooting).

My three UAC5 Cataphract proved more effective and durable than I had any right to expect.

Does anyone know if there is a “stun-like” effect caused by rippling streams of Dakka about the Head and Torsos of an AI Mech?

My Lance was busy and a damn near solo’d an Annihilator and a bit earlier, a BattleMaster with hardly a comparable scratch. (Comparable time my Atlas-RS.)

Any ideas?

To my knowledge there is no stun effect in MW5, so... Congrats as a builder and pilot.

Seems its only you having a good mech and piloting well.

Although i´m still in 3026 and didn´t see a UAC so far, i fired (and received) more than enough dakka in head and torso to believe there is no stunning us or the AI just with bullets.

To my knowledge there is no stun effect in MW5, so... Congrats as a builder and pilot.

Seems its only you having a good mech and piloting well.

Although i´m still in 3026 and didn´t see a UAC so far, i fired (and received) more than enough dakka in head and torso to believe there is no stunning us or the AI just with bullets.
Thank you, and thank you for the compliment! :bow:

My new gaming laptop lets my gaming pad and I Control Mechs to a much finer degree than I ever managed in MWO. : )

Tip 4

MG*s and Flamers work well together. At the beginning ... try to crab a Firestarter and mount a bunch of MG/Flamers an wreck Havoc. You have to go close but no knee is safe from your Grilling.

Tip 5:
NEVER give your teammate a target. They will ignore EVERY other and only try to kill the marked one... means every Vtol or Tank can shoot the back for free. Better: Use "Go to Nav Point" ... they will shoot every enemy in range and react better to enemys in the back.

Last edited: