• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Chini32

Recruit
21 Badges
Mar 21, 2009
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Rome Gold
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
Greetings,

Me and my two friends recently bought EU Rome and VV from Steam. The Multiplayer runs fine for an hour or so, then my friends complain that the game states they become out of sync with me. After this, its almost the same as playing single player off from where you became out of sync. Are there any quick fixes to this? Since I bought it from Steam, I do not have any reference material for FAQs since it does not come with any physical packaging. Thanks in advance.

umm.. my experiences with out of sync has to do with the users and their ISP's

Usually you loose connection right away after game begins or you drop before start of session.

Any long term drops were due to someones machince lagging and not being able to catch up.

This is what has happened in HOI 2

Has anyone of the members experience lag? If yes, try to pause while the other player catches up.

How fast are you playing the game? What is your auto save set at?

These effect lag and sync.

Check the first post inWhat do you need to know EU3 MP thread in the EU3 MP subforum. The same techical stuff is true for EU3:Rome MP as "normal" EU3 MP.

Here is a short list of things you should do or avoid doing when MPing.

1) Defrag your Hard disk, or at least the EU:Rome folder. Windows defragger does an ok job, but for example Defraggler is a nice free program that lets you defrag a given game folder.

2) Turn off all unneeded programs. Download managers, chat programs etc all makes your game react slower.

3) Always start a MP session after a clean reboot. Out of synch problems happen in my experience when a player first played SP, then joined a MP without first rebooting or killing off the game.

4) The host should run the game at first on a slow speed. If nobody has problems, increase the speed to 2, then later on to 3 if everybody are still ok. Faster than 3 really are not usually suitable for MPing in my opinion.