• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

artemis667

Field Marshal
63 Badges
Apr 30, 2002
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Cities in Motion
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
Anybody want to start a for-fun MP game of Aberration?

Saturday evenings work out best for me (I am thinking a start around 17:30 CET) - the session wouldn't need to be longer than 3 hours, so long as all the players are reliable (most people are).

Any number of people would work for a fun game, I think. And the countries, well there are a host to choose from that are viable :)

Hmm... perhaps... though I've never tried MP-by-internet before (just a couple times on LAN) and I'm not precisely sure what time that would be for me (I suck at time conversions beyond the four USA time zones)...

Still, if there's enough interest, I'd be willing to give it a try, at least for one Saturday.

17:30 CET is:

10:30(am) American EST (if you aren't on daylight savings)
11:30(am) American EST (if you are on daylight savings)

15:30 GMT

01:30 am Melbourne, Australia (my time zone :D )

These time zones all get screwed around when daylight saving changes in the various hemispheres/countries/states, of course. But they should remain relatively static throughout the northern summer.

I am interested.

If we play, we can´t run with mod-dir so you just need a second install of Eu2 and just overwrite the Eu2 copy with the Aberration stuff. Be sure to delete the standard scenarios from selectable as well!

Gen. Joohoo said:
how do you install EU2 when there already is one installed?

Just copy your EU2 folder so you have two of them, name the second one 'Abe-Eu2' and then extract all Abe files over the 'normal' files in that folder. Then activate the exe in the 'Abe-Eu2' folder and you'll play Abe-games :)

15:30 GMT is 16:30 CET, so I guess if you wanna join, dommolus, we can go 30 minutes later.

Dommolus magnus said:
ahh so Art got the time zones wrong, in this case 16.30 is fine for me.

Hold on a sec.
Isn't daylight savings active in CET, but not in GMT?

(When I'm saying GMT, I'm saying Greenwich Mean Time, which unlike English time, is not affected by daylight saving...) Heck, maybe I'm just confusing you northern hemisphere guys... you probably never understood this :D

Yeah, the time zones/daylight savings thing is all weird; Arizona is in the next time zone over from me but doesn't use daylight time, so during the summer their time is the same as ours and in the winter it's not....

Anyway, I'm in California, so I'm three hours over from Eastern (closer to Australian time)... so that makes it around 8 AM for me, give or take. (Which is a bit early for me - doable, but early)

Sheridan said:
Okay, so, are we doing this? And if so, what do I need to do to be ready, and when are we starting?

Might be best to postpone it for now... there are a lot of changes in Aberration coming through in the very near future (at least I hope so)

Maybe in a couple of weeks time.

That will always be the case, art.