• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Nexongaming

Recruit
13 Badges
Jul 24, 2021
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
so my friends and i have tried to play a multiplayer game but within the first few in game months they desync and crash is there an computer issue or is the server having issue because it happens even on Lan or is it some other issue that has no fix

There's no lan play in this game, it's all via the Steam servers. All the LAN option does is restrict the search for opponents to local ones.

Have you even played this game okay via MP? Or never?

Does it matter who is host?

And mods in use?

There's no lan play in this game, it's all via the Steam servers. All the LAN option does is restrict the search for opponents to local ones.

Have you even played this game okay via MP? Or never?

Does it matter who is host?

And mods in use?
well i have played with two different groups both with no mods one group did just fine and i hosted the lobby the second group both people desync and crash and i did host. what i was thinking is it something on their side with connection or something else

There is an app that comes with Asus computers that is supposed to help with MP games, but actually causes our games to crash in MP. I don't mention the app name in public as it's effectively a DOS attack, but does anyone in your group have a recent Asus computer?

When you desync do you get any OOS error codes?

If so is it just one or two errors, or multiple different ones?

Then I can only guess you, they or both have some problem with Steam ports not being open.

Please make sure all players have opened (NOT forwarded) the required Steam ports in all their active firewalls (each player may have up to 3)

You might need help from your firewall vendor then. Note this can be any one of the players or all of them, you all need to check into this!