• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(733054)

Recruit
1 Badges
May 1, 2013
  • Leviathan: Warships
Hey guys great game, I'll dive right in to the improvements that should be made on the multiplayer stuff:

I'm playing on the PC client.

- If there's one thing you guys fix, PLEASE SAVE THE MULTIPLAYER CHOICES THAT ARE MADE FROM PREVIOUS GAMES TO THE PLAYERS PROFILE. It sucks having to rechoose 1 minute timer, a different map, and the win condition every freaking time i host a game since the default is 5 minutes (why is the default 5 mins?).

- Too many options for games creates too much disparity in the bucket of players. Especially with the size of the games playerbase (which is small).
- Players should just hit 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, then choose their Fleet, then be matched.
- All of the other options such as point values etc. are unnecessary. Assign point values based on maps. Larger maps have larger point values.
- Turn timer options should be 1-2 minutes, no more. Multiplayer games need to be faster that 7 day turn timers. :blink:
- The chat list hovers in the top right corner but text should just appear, theres no need for an opaque window to block out the view.
- Allowing players to edit fleets while in multiplayer staging for a game is bad, chat doesn't appear there.

- I can't find a full screen mode, does this exist?

Last edited:
in settings, take the check mark out of "windowed"

I agree with most of this except for the timers. The reason there is a 7-day timer is because it is asynchronous, you can have multiple games going on at once. This is great for tablets.

I agree that the default should be lower than five minutes. One minute is too twitchy for my taste, though.

I've also noticed some really glaring issues with the social aspect of the game.

Why is there no chat lobby?
Why is there absolutely NO WAY to chat with other players that are online and NOT in a game/staging area?
I have no idea how many players there are on a given server.

Last edited:
- If there's one thing you guys fix, PLEASE SAVE THE MULTIPLAYER CHOICES THAT ARE MADE FROM PREVIOUS GAMES TO THE PLAYERS PROFILE. It sucks having to rechoose 1 minute timer, a different map, and the win condition every freaking time i host a game since the default is 5 minutes (why is the default 5 mins?).

This! This! This!

I really love the game so far, but this little thing makes Matchmaking such a pain in the ass. Everytime I have to click so many checkboxes again and again. :/

PLEASE make a lobby, it would be great to see everything that people have outstanding.
Please make private games a posssibility.. If we can't run private servers maybe I want to play a game with just friends, so I'd like to be able to password or make the games invite only.