• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(268943)

Recruit
1 Badges
Feb 16, 2011
  • Majesty 2
Hi, I just found out that (unlike games such as Dawn of War) in Majesty 2, Kingmaker players cannot play against people using the base game.

What's weird is that it seems to let you join, but the games don't sync properly. In any case, that defeats the purpose of buying an expansion game to gain access to a new race.

My question is: When you are playing one of the newer expansions such as Monster Kingdom, do all other players need to have Monster Kingdom as well? How does M2 decide which player can play the Monster race and which can play Orcs?

I'm asking all this because I'm considering picking up a copy of the expansions and just launching as a non-Steam game.

P.S. I have seen some posts talking about how only 1 vs 1 is possible, but my friends and I play 3 and 4 player Majesty 2 all the time in the base game. It is just laggy and may crash 3 hours in :eek:

Currently I have been irritated because I bought Kingmaker on Steam and it didn't work, but when I tried it on my girlfriend's PC it worked fine except for the desync...