• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(45857)

Sergeant
Jul 1, 2005
Some time back I reported trouble with multiplayer stability in a 3 player game. My group uses Roger Wilco(RW) voice chat when playing games online and CK was crashing constantly. After discussing it on the forums I tried turning off the "give RW cpu priority" option in Roger Wilco. The number of crashes in two player was much lower.

It took quite a while but we finally convinced our third player to give CK another try. I'm happy to report the game runs great now. In two long sessions we had one client drop and that was it.

If you use RW or other voice chat during multiplayer be sure to uncheck the high cpu priority option.

Anybody else use voice chat during multiplayer? If so, what program do u use and how well does it work with CK?

I don't use any other programs while playing CK MP. In fact I turn off every single process not absolutely needed -> *much* more stable gaming experience :)

CK uses *lots* of CPU power, especially for the host. Burdening the host computer with non-essential processes will result in more crashes, especially if there are many players.

Jarkko Suvinen said:
CK uses *lots* of CPU power, especially for the host. Burdening the host computer with non-essential processes will result in more crashes, especially if there are many players.

I wouldn't use RW while playing CK with a large group but when playing it with a couple of other people it makes gameplay much more enjoyable. Since making that minor change in RW my online game has been very stable.

I optimized my computer by disabling unused services (following the www.blackviper.com guide) plus I don't allow anything to auto-update. Other than that the only thing I shut down is my virus program control center (the virus scanner is still resident in the background). All the other programs are things I consider essential like my software firewall.