• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(1463)

The Black Adder
Mar 3, 2001
www.fortunecity.com
Now i have looked at Amadeus again, and as usual one notices things one did not notice before :) And what i came to think of, is the child.

In the movie he has a son, and i kind of wonder, what happend to that son ? Did he only have a child.. or did he have illegitimate ones as well.

And if his line for some reason did not survive, are there Mozarts of this line left today ?

Wolfgang's family:

Raimund Leopold 1783-1784
Carl Thomas 1784-1858
Johann Thomas Leopold 1786-1786
Theresia Constanzia Adelheid Friedericke Maria Anna 1787-1788
Anna 1789-1789
Franz Xaver Wolfgang 1791-1844

I don't know about illegitimate children ...

Karl Martell said:
Damn! Four out of six kids died?? :eek: That must have been tough. I mean, even back then.

It does seem awful, but consider his Father, Leopold's kids ...

Johann Leopold Joachim 1748-1749
Maria Anna Cordula 1749-1749
Maria Anna Nepomucena Walpurgis 1750-1750
Maria Anna Walpurga Ignatia ("Nannerl") 1751-1829
Johann Karl Amadeus 1752-1753
Maria Crescentia Francisca de Paula 1754-1754
Johann Chrysostom (Wolfgang Amadeus) 1756-1791

Nannerl had 3 children
Leopold Alois Pantaleon 1785-1840
Johanna 1789-1805
Marie Babette 1790-1791

Now i have looked at Amadeus again, and as usual one notices things one did not notice before :) And what i came to think of, is the child.

In the movie he has a son, and i kind of wonder, what happend to that son ? Did he only have a child.. or did he have illegitimate ones as well.

And if his line for some reason did not survive, are there Mozarts of this line left today ?
I know this thread was posted years ago, but I was doing a search about the Mozart children? For some reason while searching on YouTube, I ran into a few movie clips of Amadeus... I don't know what to think of it, that's one crazy movie? It didn't paint Wolfgang in a very, what should I say, respectful way? Aside from that the historical inaccuracies are too much to ignore. For one thing, in the movie they had one son, in real life they had many children. I don't know why they chose not to include the children in the movie, it's sort of sad.

Mozart seems like a freak of creative genius, but you have to remember he was intensively trained in music from a very young age. Where others might have ten years experience before going out into the world, he had more like twenty.

But if you want to know what it was like to be around when Mozart hit the scene, check out Jacob Collier: