• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Leyic

Corporal
120 Badges
Jan 25, 2007
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Gettysburg
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Iron Cross
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • March of the Eagles
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Starvoid
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Darkest Hour
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
Provides the most warring states possible (without modding the map). The traditional clans are gone. Each kori gets its own independent clan. There are no starting allegiances, wars, or buildings. The timeline has been extended to allow more time for conquest.

That's 360 one province minors and up to 500 years of warfare on a mostly even playing field.

MWS01.jpg

Updates:
2011 Sep 21 - Various bug fixes and color changes. No starting daimyo. Initial characters have been randomized (character generator script included, requires Python 2.x).
2011 Sep 17 - Initial version. 39 views.

Attachments

• Most Warring States - 2011 Sep 21.7z
    42,5 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Reactions:
Installed it... Only problem while the concept is rather interesting, you took away from major Characters it seems.. As I went near Owari and I don't see any of the Oda Clan anymore (which I was hoping they would have one province to control), and it seems all Clans are simply just named off the Kori Province itself.

Also 500 years may be a bit to much, that' means the game will finish in 1967 ;).. If anything I would just have it end by 1861, as that's the historical date I believe Feudal Japan ended.

Perhaps in a future version you should make sure you at least include major characters of the time in their own province.. (Takeda, Useugi, Oda, etc..)

If I retained the historical leaders, I would've had to break up the land of those who held multiple kori, leaving the question of which kori they should retain, and to whom the remaining kori should go. As I don't know where to find information on the period's important local leaders who might fill such a role, my solution was to make new clans with renamed leaders named after the kori of origin (this naming scheme also makes it easy to tell which kori produce successful clans in the long run). Having historical leaders and clans along side the made-up ones felt odd, however, so I did away with the historical leaders entirely. By this point the mod was no longer historical, so I extended the timeline to include an easy-to-remember number of years without any historical consideration.

Making a version of the mod that uses historical clans and leaders is certainly possible, but I'd first want to hear opinions about splitting up multiple-kori demesne, and which leaders and clans should be assigned to / created for the remaining kori.

Reactions:
I hear ya, just me being a fan of Oda it would have been nice to start from one province and see myself go all the way up to the top, but I also understand the reasoning to why you did it like this. (Since trying to play Oda from 1467 is rather difficult to do, cause you can't even control your army, when massive blobs breathing down on you, haha)

In the end this will be exciting I think once the patch is out since this will truly take advantage of the character driven aspects which at the meant feels rushed since you're only going though just 150 years of gameplay, but now you got 500 to work with :)

Hey there, thanks for making this mod, its very fun!

There is one problem I have noticed with it though. You need to make sure no one starts with daimyo titles! This unintentionally gives a HUGE advantage to those who start with one province daimyo titles (Like the islands in the SW near Kyushu, like Goto, Tsushima, Iki etc.) Those are the few I noticed, not sure if there are any on the mainland.

The reason they are a problem is they are able to enact the decisions to earn court ranks only a few months into the game. You need to be a daimyo to have these decisions available, not just a kokujin. Assuming the optimal play is to begin building a castle immediately and have your ceremony guy collect taxes, you will have already purchased the first rank and be well on your way towards the 2nd when the castle finishes, giving you the opportunity to declare war years earlier than other lords.

You'll get double the honor gain anyone else is able to. Triple once you save up another 40g (not hard since a base province with unimproved village gives you 0.85/mo when you're collecting taxes, that's only a few years!). Quadruple after that, you get the picture. Setting you up to be on your fourth or fifth declaration of war by the time most others have done one or two only.

The world will tremble in fear if the daimyo of one of those islands wardecs another island first thing, grabs a 2nd daimyo title, gives it to his heir, and then begins purchasing ranks for him as well. Within a decade, that leader and his son could have more honor than EVERYONE ELSE IN JAPAN COMBINED, MUAHAHAHAHA

So I'd fix this or watch most games devolve into....GOTO SMASH! :)

Is there no way to edit Kuni?

I would think folding all one province demenses with daimyo titles (I only spotted 3, I don't think there are many) into their neighboring Kuni might be a good way to handle this if it is possible.

I would like to see a scenario where every clan controlled one Kuni. This would make for a better paced start game, while maintaining low clan density. This might also make it easier to establish historical clans, for those so inclined. Ending the scenario in 1868 would coincide with the Meiji Restoration which signified the end of the feudal system of governance in Japan.

Even if they don't start with the title, they'll gain it automatically.

I just tested a set-up where Tsushima's leader didn't start with his daimyo title and it was never automatically granted to him. His heir did get it when he inherited the clan, however.

I would think folding all one province demenses with daimyo titles (I only spotted 3, I don't think there are many) into their neighboring Kuni might be a good way to handle this if it is possible.

There are four one province kuni, and three of those connect to Hizen. Merging the island kuni to "mainland" kuni seems possible, but it makes the respective daimyo title harder to get, punishing the others in the kuni. Eliminating the kuni altogether doesn't seem to work.

does anyone know how i would add the impassable mountains map mod into this mod as i cant get it to work i managed to do it in the divided clans mod but not this one anyone able to help?

love the mod by the way
works fantastic

Copy the 'Impassible Mountains' folder into the 'Most Warring States' folder, open 'Most Warring States.mod' in a text editor, and add the line 'extend = map' (less quotes) to the end.

And thanks.

cheers mate youve just turned one of my favourite kind of sandbox games into my favourite kind of sandbox game

I would like to see a scenario where every clan controlled one Kuni. This would make for a better paced start game, while maintaining low clan density. This might also make it easier to establish historical clans, for those so inclined. Ending the scenario in 1868 would coincide with the Meiji Restoration which signified the end of the feudal system of governance in Japan.

I doubt the Meji Restoration would happen in 1868 if all the history leading up to it was different. If in 1868 all of japan is still civil-warring and blobbing and splintering in a seemingly endless cycle then probably the game could continue forever, cos the game would always be right for the situation cos the situation would never change.

Are the traditional clans gone gone? like just gone from starting with lands? or will they turn up as ronin or what-have-yous?

Are the traditional clans gone gone? like just gone from starting with lands? or will they turn up as ronin or what-have-yous?
The traditional clans and dynasties are gone, replaced by clans named after their starting kori. There will be a few clans that have traditional names as a result (i.e. Ashikaga, Date, Ouchi, etc.), but the crest and starting leader were randomized so there's no relation to history. The game appears to generate new dynasties via rounin, but I don't know how that process works or if it can generate traditional dynasties/clans.