• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Susana

COO Paradox Interactive
43 Badges
Aug 18, 2004
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • 200k Club
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Hearts of Iron: The Card Game
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Paradox Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Achtung Panzer
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Deus Vult
  • Diplomacy
  • East India Company
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Galactic Assault
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Sengoku
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
Hehe, I like the 'Battle Hymn of the Republic' played when those tanks cross the bridge... But still, those videos did show quite some errors, especially that Maus (which never saw combat), and the location of that V1 launch site (seems a bit too far in land, but then, it might be part of the V1 strikes on Antwerp)...

Hmm...
Looks a bit like "Soldiers: Heroes of World War II"
Not impressed! :p

This game is not made by Paradox.;)

"TROLL" as though he might be, I must also question the release of yet another Panzer-themed RTS, will it have anything to set it apart or will it just be another bland item in a sea of unintresting products?

anti_strunt said:
"TROLL" as though he might be, I must also question the release of yet another Panzer-themed RTS, will it have anything to set it apart or will it just be another bland item in a sea of unintresting products?

Over the years many games have progressed. But strategy has pretty much lingered around what is currently out there. Civilization has made minute advancements in gameplay in their 4 versions. HoI is VERY unique and thus demands kudos for setting the stage. AoE has shown little advancements, but nothing really in game play.

Even these small time advances in RTS is worthy of mention. Because the niche for this market is small and progress is slow going.

I just bought Panzers: Phase I from Wally World the other day and have mixed feelings.

I like the effects, but the interface is lacking (zoom range is VERY limited) also, the play itself is quite gamey. But I think that because the gameplay is very linear (you either go forward or backwards online 1 path in the game script)

and while I haven't tried to, Panzers definitely has the feel of loads of gamey exploits.

This next RTS hopefully can show some improvements. It would be nice that it may incorporate data from HoI or other strategy (board) games.

The presence of 3d in these types of games has mixed emotions for me. It's got a nice look to it. Good to be able to have the flexibility of 3d. But it's really hard to manage from an interface.

It would be nice to have a large scale game, in 3d that has overhead perspectives (or rather fully adjustable display features). Large scale that you could zoom to an HoI viewpoint and command your armies as larger units and if you'd like to go into more detailed views. I.e. companies, platoons squads, etc. Heck if you could go down to the FPS that would be AMAZING!

If all you'd want in a game is only one aspect then having this whole range is pretty hard to manage. I.e. you just want HoI2 grand strategy, or I want just FPS. I think that you could make it so AI handles other aspects pretty well, if you'd assign it to do so.

But I am babbling on. In a nutshell strategy (GS & RTS) gamers need more titles out there, just for the simple fact on getting the genre advancing. we are only several years off from some truely amazing ideas and capabilities.

-CN

For me Panzers was to arcady, but still enjoyable, and did what it wanted to do well. This looks very much in the same vein, though its impossible to tell how the gameplay will work.

This is not a panzers-title, there are many differences between the two games.
In Rush for Berlin there will be a skill system of the infantry units (the powerful "officers" have very special ones), prototype units, opportunity of unit production, more resource management, brand new multiplayer modes, etc.
I hope people who liked our previous games will also like this one :)

I thought Pazers was a bit hit and miss sometimes, but this game seems to no add much in the "realism" terms.

Also, will the player be able to as the British, rather than just the anglophobic "allies" - read American in the campaign?

Sir Humphrey said:
I thought Pazers was a bit hit and miss sometimes, but this game seems to no add much in the "realism" terms.

Also, will the player be able to as the British, rather than just the anglophobic "allies" - read American in the campaign?

The realism will be in unit modelling, not in the gameplay (however, we have to balance the units of course). It would be hard to make a skill system in a 100% down-to-earth game, don't you think? :)

There will be more then 20 British units, but they will be used with American units in the Western campaign.

Well do units have "hitpoints"?

Ahwell. Not my particular cup of tea, which raises the next set of questions, will a demo be appearing?