• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Nazakoo

Recruit
36 Badges
Nov 26, 2011
  • Magicka
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings II
I ended up downloading a mod, and it was compatible with 2.8 the mod is "WH:40K The Rift". I originally subscribed and ran the mod and it worked fine, no problems. I ran the game and couldn't figure out how to make a new ship template (user error on that one... saw a video and learned how to do so.). So i figured there was a problem with the mod so i just figured i would uninstall it and wait for a fix and just play vanilla.

I figured out that it was user error and went to redownload the mod. The mod from that point did not seem to work. I figured this might be a isolated incident so i unsubscribed to the mod and resubbed but that did now fix it. I then tried uninstalling the game and installed it, then redownloading the mod and still didn't fix it.

I then experimented with finding a different mod uninstalling and reinstalling. That reproduced the same issue of the mod no longer working and not seeing the new race in the game. The mod i experimented with was "HP DeskJet 2630 Wireless All-in-One Printer Updated" i really liked the mod and am eager to get it to function again. please advise

Please try the following:

- unsubscribe from all mods
- delete the folder Documents/paradox/Stellaris/mod/
- delete the file Documents/paradox/Stellaris/mods_registry.json
- delete the file Documents/paradox/Stellaris/launcher-v2.sqlite

Add Stellaris.exe to the exceptions list of your antivirus app; ESPECIALLY if you have Windows Defender, add it to the Ransomware "Apps Allowed Through" list. You should add steam.exe and C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Programs/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2.2021.2/paradox launcher.exe to that list.

- subscribe to a few mods
- run the game up and see if those mods are now available to you.

I hope that does it for you!

I could not find the file mods_registry.json in the stellaris directory
I found it for hearts of iron and europa iv

I went to
to learn how to make an exception for stellaris but i did not have an option to "manage settings under virus and protection" so i am assuming that means i am not needing to make an exception with that. I am using Avast and IObit Malware Fighter.

I added the exception to Avast, did not see a way to do it for IObit Malware Fighter.

I am not sure what step it was but the mod is now working. thank you so much!