• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grand Admiral Edward

Colonel
17 Badges
Sep 5, 2020
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
I've tried everything I could think of. I unsubscribed/resubscribed from my mods, I uninstalled/reinstalled CK3, everything, but mods from the Steam Workshop don't work. Tried moving the mods from the Workshop folder to the Mod folder in the Documents, but still doesn't work. I desperately need atleast one of my mods to work for this game to be fun. Can anyone PLEASE help me?
The mods are there (for example, disabling achievements in Ironman mode, for example), but they aren't active, if that's of any help

Last edited:
Please try the following:

- unsubscribe from all mods
- delete the folder Documents/paradox/CK3/mod/
- delete the file Documents/paradox/CK3/mods_registry.json
- delete the file Documents/paradox/CK3/launcher-v2.sqlite

Add CK3.exe to the exceptions list of your antivirus app; ESPECIALLY if you have Windows Defender, add it to the Ransomware "Apps Allowed Through" list. You should add steam.exe and C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Programs/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2.2021.1/paradox launcher.exe to that list.

- subscribe to a few mods
- run the game up and see if those mods are now available to you.

I hope that does it for you!

Add CK3.exe to the exceptions list of your antivirus app; ESPECIALLY if you have Windows Defender, add it to the Ransomware "Apps Allowed Through" list. You should add steam.exe and C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Programs/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2.2021.1/paradox launcher.exe to that list.

That worked, thank you so much

hey, I have a question..... how do I do that? am I meant to go into the game files and edit them there? orrrr what?

How do you delete files and folders, is that your question?

If so: you use File Explorer, that comes with Windows, for that purpose.

I am having the same issue, ive deleted all the files, checked windows defender, delete the game and mods and redownload them and nothing has gotten it to work. I have CK3 from the gamepass and after the recent big update is when the mods stopped working. ( the mods are updated to the current version too )

Please don't re-open old threads; your problem has a different cause than the one =that was discussed here 9 months ago:

Status
Not open for further replies.