• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yes! At the very least the ability to separately bulldoze the add-on things that go next to the main building.

(I'm less worried about, say, removing the "have more classes" upgrade on an elementary school, but I'd really like to be able to at least move the park.)

• 7Like
Reactions:
At a minimum, I would like to be able to relocate an upgrade. It is often difficult to figure out where to place it so that other upgrades will fit next to them. Currently, once you place an upgrade, you are locked in. If it does not work, you have to bulldoze the entire building and start over.

It would also be helpful to have an indicator on each upgrade showing whether I can add it once or multiple times.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Some things I'd love to see:
  • Move extensions in same way a manually placed building can be relocated
  • Delete extensions without having to delete entire building
  • Place extensions next to each other (extension could snap to main building and/or existing extensions)
  • Place extensions across road from building (extension could snap to road and/or main building)
As an example, a taxi depot with multiple capacity extensions, I'd like to run those along a road or side street, and not be forced to put them in a square around hte main building, or maybe just have one extension on opposite side of road, for example.

• 12Like
Reactions:
I would like to add to @aubergine18's suggestions:
In order to allow subbuildings on the other side of the road, service buildings might show a circle similar to industry hubs. Any subbuilding within the circle would then be considered part of the main building.

It would also be great if subbuildings could be rotated, currectly they only snap to the main building on a single, pre-defined side.

• 3Like
Reactions:
yeah it's really NOT a good design decision to not be able to remove upgrades for buildings seperately.
They cost sometimes alot and if you missclick them on some false locations for example, you can start all over again...

Please add this option urgently!

• 2Like
Reactions:
I would like to add to @aubergine18's suggestions:
In order to allow subbuildings on the other side of the road, service buildings might show a circle similar to industry hubs. Any subbuilding within the circle would then be considered part of the main building.

It would also be great if subbuildings could be rotated, currectly they only snap to the main building on a single, pre-defined side.
I am very for the idea of a small area wherein sub buildings can be placed. A lot of these real-life facilities with additional buildings, such as garbage facilities and wastewater facilities and schools, end up sort of like campuses. With a bunch of satellite support structures within the same campus sometimes spanning blocks. It would be excellent to be able to construct this sort of more loose campus-style facility within a small zone.

Right now sub-buildings needing to be physically attached to the main structure sometimes works okay, but many times it feels unnatural and awkward.

The external sub-building concept in general is a little odd and seems almost incomplete. There's a lot of potential in there. For now I prefer the upgrades that have reserved space within the default footprint simply because they feel a lot more natural and better integrated into the building.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Yes to this!!!

For now I prefer the upgrades that have reserved space within the default footprint simply because they feel a lot more natural and better integrated into the building.
I also like it better since it avoids the problem I keep hitting where I find a nice space for the building, then find out I actually needed substantially more space, but there was no way to know that before building it.

So far I find things like the park attached to the elementary school to just be strictly more annoying than building a normal park.

Reactions:
Voted in favor as well after:
- discovering that the dispatch center on the taxi depot is not such a bright idea
- having to delete my cemetery, just because I put by accident my mausoleum one cell from where I intended it to be.

My mausoleum got destroyed by a tornado, and now I have to delete the whole cemetery to demolish/replace it. Doesn't make sense.
This is a really good point. At least for original placement you could have hypothetically put it in the first place at first, but when there's a disaster that does it it's clearly unacceptable for the game to work that way.