• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Russia should be leader of CSTO, not Armenia.

Yeah, you know I've released this unfinished mod as guys wanted to play a modern day scenario in dh1.04. At least it gave them something to play.

I've already done all the fixes and made 2 revisions. If your "error" is not fixed yet, then please assume it is WAD.

I've no intention of working on this mod on a continuous basis. I do have other interests believe it or not?

I suggest when you find something that needs fixing, please do it yourself and release it here on this thread for others to use.

YES, GUYS, GET MODDING... !!

EDIT: I MEAN it may be next weekend before I do any fixes, as I want to get Twilight done and dusted.

Last edited:
I like it. I can play for ISIS is 2015 version of MDS?

Reactions:
@novapaddy with your permission!
I'm making a 4th Revision on my own!
correcting errors and bugs I've seen and people have commented on the forum!
when I have finished I will upload to this thread
it's okay?

@novapaddy with your permission!
I'm making a 4th Revision on my own!
correcting errors and bugs I've seen and people have commented on the forum!
when I have finished I will upload to this thread
it's okay?

I am delighted to hear you want to do all that hard work derekg36, it would be the weekend before I have time, so please go ahead and THANKS.

Good news -- got the UK election events working, with a host of new ministers. Will post soon.

Good news -- got the UK election events working, with a host of new ministers. Will post soon.
Hello! I'm doing the 4th revision for this mod with the permision of nova!
When you have done All your work if you want to be added to the 4th revision please send it to me via PM! so that way I can include it!

@novapaddy I Will try to release the 4th rev in a week more or less

Good to hear you got it sorted. I'm sure you learnt lots n lots about events just sorting that out, so it was worthwhile. I always find events tricky to do. Probably best to pass them to derekg36 as he is busy doing a new version.

Hello! I'm doing the 4th revision for this mod with the permision of nova!
When you have done All your work if you want to be added to the 4th revision please send it to me via PM! so that way I can include it!

@novapaddy I Will try to release the 4th rev in a week more or less

Glad to hear you are fixing all those pesky errors. I don't think there is a mad hurry, so please release when you are totally happy. It would be great if you could add some more modern stuff like Russia and the Crimea or the Ukraine, even just to get us started on bringing the mod forward a little.

THANKS

Glad to hear you are fixing all those pesky errors. I don't think there is a mad hurry, so please release when you are totally happy. It would be great if you could add some more modern stuff like Russia and the Crimea or the Ukraine, even just to get us started on bringing the mod forward a little.

THANKS

yeah I know! I will add some more modern stuff like Crimea and middle East problematics but later!!
I like going to the beat of time, everything in due time the mods starts in 2003 so this is my start point!;)

yeah I know! I will add some more modern stuff like Crimea and middle East problematics but later!!
I like going to the beat of time, everything in due time the mods starts in 2003 so this is my start point!;)

Sorry I didn't mean to sound pushy. If you can just do the parts that interest YOU, I'm sure it will be a major advance for the mod overall. Cheers

Hi, I've got a question. Is it possible to easily fix "broken" counters issue and some mistakes with unit sprites in one of the older DH MDS versions ("Hybrid MDS" to be exact) by using some of the newest version files? While I love the progress made with the latest release of the mod (you guys absolutely rock and I really appreciate that you still find time and motivation to improve MDS for everyone!!!) and especially new system of brigade-sized units and smaler attachments, I simply hate the new tech tree and some unit types. Well, I do realise that is more balanced and realistic for modern warfare for superpowers, but it neglects minors, that mostly posses pre-1990 equipment and technologies. I simply love playing with small, obsolete, more or less rogue nations, and new tech tree somehow reduces joy I find in doing so. Altering events, leaders, models etc. for them is rather easy, but I have no clue how to fix said problems - strangely looking counters and many mistook sprites (ie. helicopters for ArmBde). Any advices? :)

Hi, I've got a question. Is it possible to easily fix "broken" counters issue and some mistakes with unit sprites in one of the older DH MDS versions ("Hybrid MDS" to be exact) by using some of the newest version files? While I love the progress made with the latest release of the mod (you guys absolutely rock and I really appreciate that you still find time and motivation to improve MDS for everyone!!!) and especially new system of brigade-sized units and smaler attachments, I simply hate the new tech tree and some unit types. Well, I do realise that is more balanced and realistic for modern warfare for superpowers, but it neglects minors, that mostly posses pre-1990 equipment and technologies. I simply love playing with small, obsolete, more or less rogue nations, and new tech tree somehow reduces joy I find in doing so. Altering events, leaders, models etc. for them is rather easy, but I have no clue how to fix said problems - strangely looking counters and many mistook sprites (ie. helicopters for ArmBde). Any advices? :)

OK, well thanks for some feedback. You don't like the new tech tree. Do you know that those techs are all perfectly RL techs from the current USA military, fully researched by me. I have all the books on an old hdd somewhere. ANYWAY.... you don't like them, that is perfectly acceptable. I sometimes wonder about them myself...

SO instead of guys chasing multiple, more-than-likely broken versions of MDS, and breaking their hearts trying to get them to work, isn't the sensible path to take, to take on board what you guys don't like and want changed or added ?

I was hoping to do an MDS in the E3 map. I was hoping to join up with the Turning Point mod and have MDS as a continuation of that... But HOI4 looms STILL FOR NEARLY 2 xxxx YEARS! on the horizon and it saps the energy for modding a game guys are drifting away from.

Will HOI4 ever be released I ask? If Johan can spend 300 hours playing it, then it must be ready for release, yes?

ANYWAY, if you want something added or changed, please just post here what you want. List it in detail please:

Well, I didn't say that the current tech tree sucks, it seems indeed looking modern and realistic, and better fitted for modern and future combat in the game, especially for the big players like US or China. What I think isn't good is cutting all the pre-1990 stuff out. For instance, there's pre-1990 fighter plane tech. It's just way too broad definition. As of 2003 hundreds of 2nd gen MiG-21 were still in service as well as 4th gen MiG-29, both being pre-1990, yet absolutely uncomparable in terms of combat capabilities. It's great to increase the number of modern techs and frequency in years of the game actually taking place (2003 onwards) of course, and I DO like the tree in terms of that. Well, you want a list of some sort, I can give you few of my ideas and feelings about the mod. Just note that I didn't play much of it yet so I may not be fully able to understand some mechanisms implemented by you and some of my doubts may be just some misunderstandings :D

-As I said before: I don't like deleting "old" stuff. So I think it would be good to get '60s, '70s, '80s ground techs back as well as bringing back 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 4.5th, 5th, 5.5th (maybe even 6th and 6.5th, since fifth generation has appeared in nineties and we're going a little bit into the future here?) gen heavy and light fighters as more realistic. The same for navy.
-Army and Army 2020 - I love the general idea of recruiting just brigades and making divisions (of corps) of them, as well as battalion-sized attachments to them. That's reallistic and it gives much more tactical possibilities. Types of units are okay, I like it that there are more infantry types than before. Only thing - "old" times. I just can't stand that there are no T-55s, T-72s, T-80s and M60s as well as sad gentlemen riding their old BTRs or M113s :D
-Navy - Everything okay here, aside from lack of old vessel types. I guess that most of the world navies back in 2003 were using mostly 1970-1990 ships. Appearance of littoral ships actually surprised me, positively of course :)
-Air force - aside from what I've mentioned already - I'd like to see Strike Fighters reappear. On one hand everyone are now doing their best to develop multirole fighters capable of doing virtually anything, and existence of such aircraft isn't pointless. BUT, if you look on how the development of such goes, F-35 for instance, you see that those designs have many flaws, drawbacks and problems. As of 2015 designated role aricraft are not only dead but still kicking, not to mention the old times. Former division of fighters to short range light jets best for achieving aerial superiority, longer range heavier jets being better in A/G but inferior in A/A warfare to light ones, and finally heavy strike fighters being much better in bombing things but quite weak in dogfighting (for instance such division of duties in USAF are F-16, F-15 Eagle and F-15E Strike Eagle respectively) is much more reallistic and adequate. Maybe some small bonus in intel and anti-partisan efficiency for developing UAVs more. Aside from that, I guess everything is okay.
-As of other branches, I don't find them anyhow inferior to the old ones, they seem to be well balanced and reallistic. I also don't see the need of extending them anyhow to the past, since it's age of computers and until 2003 even the most obsolete countries would at least get near the nineties. Maybe only 1980 section in naval techs, but not necessarily.
-What else? Nothing comes to mind at the moment. Aside from what is above, I think everything in this mod is well made :)

NOW: I do realise how much of work it would take, but those are merely sugestions, not demands :) I don't want you to find it all as some kind of criticism of your work or being anyhow negative towards you. It's just a vision of my ideal MDS and there might be lots of people who disagree with that one. It's simply impossible to fulfill everyone's wishes. And friend, you have no idea how much I admire your work and all the time you've spent doing the mod better and better, for everyone to have it for free! I've got no idea where you take the strengh and motivation to get it on, but believe me, that is really something simply outstanding ;)

Reactions:
Had some computer issues with my power supply. Lot of work got removed on trying to solve the driver/power issues. Gonna have to make up a bit of work.

Hello
I leave here the 4th review! : ( This is a new review so to install it just copy the files! and rename it as MDS2015rev4 for example!! don't overwrite nothing! )

http://www.mediafire.com/download/w4n5gknlg1ak76p/MDS2015.rar

Inside downloadable you will find text file with the changelog of the 4th review!!!

PS:
@novapaddy or to anyone who can solve this: if you have time, please take a look at the problem discussed above via PM (when you play with the US and the event of Independent Iraq triggered, the multinational force withdraws disappears and goes to Washington DC) See if you can fix to not disappear from Iraq until the event of withdraw of US troops from Iraq fires!

Have had no internet and other issues. Lol. Derekg, did you ever get around to fixing the pictures?
GP sorry that you mean with the pictures?? do not remember:confused:

Any chance you might rework the aliens that are spawned through the alienattack (province id) cheat?

I'm thinking you could do the trick with two new unit types for the aliens, one being a land unit and the other an air unit (there's no need for a sea unit as the aliens aren't able to cross seas, at least not by themselves).

I'm sure it wouldn't be too much work for such talented modders as you.

Hello, very nice mod, thanks for your hard work!
questions:
- how to research Army 2020 tech tree? Tech Dominant Maneuvre is blocked because it requaire itself to be reserched
- what happened to rocket test sites, what techs are needed to build rocket test sites and does they work as in original DH?

sorry if those questions has been already answered but couldnt find anything via search:( Maybe put some FAQ pdf guide into mod archive?

Reactions:
Hello, very nice mod, thanks for your hard work!
questions:
- how to research Army 2020 tech tree? Tech Dominant Maneuvre is blocked because it requaire itself to be reserched
- what happened to rocket test sites, what techs are needed to build rocket test sites and does they work as in original DH?

sorry if those questions has been already answered but couldnt find anything via search:( Maybe put some FAQ pdf guide into mod archive?

I agree! I'll look when I can!;)
Please report errors !! those who see

Status
Not open for further replies.