Modded Multiplayer is impossible, this NEEDS to change. Urgently.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Lord Lambert

I cover Tinto Talks on Youtube
92 Badges
Jan 26, 2014
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
This is not just a case of two people wanting to play with game changing mods that edit the checksum, this is even a thing if you're using a non-checksum changing one like No Fog. Even if both players have the same non-checksum altering mod, multiplayer is impossible.

This has been tested and retested with members of my community, and it really has to change. We should be able to have whatever UI mods we want, whatever keybind mods we want, and still play together. We should be able to play with game altering mods as long as they're the same between players.

What happened between games? How did this suddenly become impossible despite being possible in every other PDX game made in the past 10 years.

Sadly, this is "old" news. And any post made on this topic has still to be acknowledged by a Dev.
Since the last 1.0.2 Update I'm not even able to play Multiplayer because I have a different Checksum than everyone else (0f55).
There's nothing to fix this atm.

Yeah they definitely need to fix mods and at least make it possible for two people who use the same mod to play together.

I really don't know what's causing that and how they released the game without making sure it's possible to host modded MP.