• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Sigil

Captain
11 Badges
Feb 28, 2018
  • Stellaris
  • BATTLETECH
  • Age of Wonders III
  • BATTLETECH - Beta Backer
  • BATTLETECH - Backer
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
Is there a way to increase the range of the Mech Mortar? Preferably with the built-in Mod Manager. I play on a Mac, so ModTek is a real paint to use.
I assume the Mech Mortar is the same piece of the equipment used by the Bull Shark.

check out better mortars on nexus

check out better mortars on nexus

I looked at that but it appeared that it only worked using ModTek and not the built-in Mod Manager. I also realized the Thumper Cannon and the Mech Mortar are two different pieces of equipment, presumable each with their own Weapon_Def or whatever.

@Sigil, have you found many Mods that work well with the in-game Mod Loader?

@Sigil, have you found many Mods that work well with the in-game Mod Loader?

The Hyades Rim worked like a charm. Great Mod too, 5 new Flashpoints and bunch of new 'Mech variants.

My fingers are crossed that the fabulous BattleTech Extended 3025-3057 Commander's Edition get updated for 1.9.1 and will offer support for the in-game Mod Loader.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Installing modtek on mac or Linux is a little more involved as you need wine to Install it. I suspect that's the main reason sigil is looking to avoid it and use the built in modloader

As far as I'm aware none of the big modpacks currently work with the built in modloader. I'm sure with the use of the system mod feature that allows the modloader to itself be modded it could be done, but no modder I'm aware of has looked into it (beyond a mod for it that injects modtek) as modtek just works.