• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
There is now a mod that enables weapon damage variance for lasers. So, you can do that for this if you want, but it needs a .dll to come with it. Also, I can verify that the overheat damage multiplier is non-functional.

There is now a mod that enables weapon damage variance for lasers. So, you can do that for this if you want, but it needs a .dll to come with it. Also, I can verify that the overheat damage multiplier is non-functional.

Oh? Nice :) Wonder why HBS didn't activate that as part of the core.

What is the mod called?

The mod is in alpha release. I could link you if you want to test it out. The early returns on functionality are quite positive, though!

The thing is, it's not as easy to make happen as just toggling it in the code. It was never implemented. It took a VERY long time for them to add this feature in. ;)

That's excellent! Especially since there are Prototype weaponry in Table Top that have random heat variance (random heat generated on turn fired). Would it be possible to program that as well?