• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You are fantastic, mate. Thank you for the effort!

Update after a first playtest:

Works like a charm, and almost exactly as I had hoped. Even had a case I was worried about happen where a corrupt-ee died before being corrupted, and it ended up instead taking his daughter (who had better stats anyways!)
So all in all, couldn't have done it better. The only caveat is that I have to keep track of who they were originally so I can make them hunt down their own families.
Oh, and they keep getting the suspicion-events for being immortal. Adunaphâzor died to an immortal horse attacking him, which is a really fun way to die to me.

Well, with the bloodline created, you can keep track of the whole heirs of the corrupted characters, no?
Good to see it works as intended, i just made some quick tests on these events :)

Well, with the bloodline created, you can keep track of the whole heirs of the corrupted characters, no?
Good to see it works as intended, i just made some quick tests on these events :)

The bloodline seems to be applied after they are adopted into the Ulairi-family, so they are the only carrier. :( That is sadly not quite as intended.
At least, with my exemplary horse-killed Adunaphazor this was the case. I'll continue the test-run a bit longer.
Also, the Nazgul can join the various Orc-societies and the Warrior Orc-Society doesn't let the player join.

No, the bloodline is created before he's adopted, in a separate event who trigger the adoption event, in my different tests, it worked fine, but i'll have a look to see if some situations can changes that !
Thanks for the reports for societies, will fix that too!

No, the bloodline is created before he's adopted, in a separate event who trigger the adoption event, in my different tests, it worked fine, but i'll have a look to see if some situations can changes that !
Thanks for the reports for societies, will fix that too!

Ah! I may have to check the second corrupted person once I am back home then. The first I believe was a Mercenary company-leader, so he may just not have had a family to begin with.
Disregard that then!

Ah! I may have to check the second corrupted person once I am back home then. The first I believe was a Mercenary company-leader, so he may just not have had a family to begin with.
Disregard that then!

Indeed, without children, it's harder to give the bloodline to his descendants :D

I’ve been enjoying the mod (first run as Thuringwethil went poorly due to underestimating how murderous the other servants of Morgoth were (also she can’t join any orc societies! That was a shame), second as a Númenorian is fun but can’t play now as I’m on holiday), just one possible idea if there’s another patch, it’d be really good if all Númenorians started with ship buildings, it’s a bit tedious having to raise all that gold first before starting to interact with the world.

By ‘interact’ I mean raid and pillage, of course.

Great mod!

Okay, not sure if this is just me or a possible glitch. I'm playing a "Created" Numenorean Lord (now King of Lithuania, yeah I always pick on Lithuania, I just really like their flag), and I joined The Guild of Ventures Society. Well, there was 3 members in it to start, two died and now I am the Admiral. However, no one is joining the society, I've never received any society missions (prior to the others dying) and I cannot seem to improve my Mariners Skills beyond Navigator (I have over 2k Logbooks). Is this a glitch or am I just crazy?

Color doesn't show well, but it's grayed out

Attachments

• IMG_20191108_091440126.jpg
    IMG_20191108_091440126.jpg
    5,7 MB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Yeah, an update is planned for february. I didn't posted anything because most of the last works i did was about balance between the different factions and bug fixing, but some new stuff will come too, like new cultural wonders and some works on Black Numenoreans and Dwarves.

I'm noticing an oddity in my current playthrough. The elves seem to be abusing the smithy or their society and constantly gaining/losing weapons and armor, and Feanor just had his palantir removed from his treasury for whatever reason. Lots of messages about "so-and-so has lost their new speer because they already had one."

Anyone else seeing this? I've got most of the elf-lords starred and they're all in on it.

Playthrough notes: Numenor

-Feanor lost all of his items, but has regained most of them somehow. He is now a lunatic and rules the last lands of the Noldor (except the independent Gondolin), since the French conquered Fingolfin's lands. Gil-Galad still reigns his one county in the Pyreness, independent.

-Morgoth quickly took out the Leaguer of the Noldor and began spilling into Asia. He was finally checked by the arrival of Genghis Khan. He's got -14000 prestige and is completely bankrupt at -5000 gold.

-Turgon was slain by Incitatus, the immortal-hellenic pagan horse of ares, who then died a natural death despite his immortality. Turgon was succeeded by his daughter Indris, who died in an accident and was herself succeeded by the refugee Fingolfin, who like his kin has lost all his items. Fingolfin still looks completely amazing in his custom armor!

-The dwarves of Nogrond and Belegost were conquered by Tibet, but both Kingdoms were liberated by insurrections, and Belegost has carved out an impressive empire in the mountains of Tibet and the jungles of Bangladesh.

-I cannot advance in the Guild of Venturers because the requirements for building ships is to be a captain, and although I was able to do it twice, I can no longer improve my mariner skills despite the fact that I technically meet the requirements. Therefore I cannot advance to captain (the trait) in the guild. Books accumulate slowly so I cheated to get more books. I left the guild thinking to restart the progress, but to no avail.

-The King of Numenor has an artifact which is the crown of numenor, and it shows up nicely on his portrait, but the symbol of the Kings of Numenor was not a crown but a scepter. Just a little lore-nerd observation.

Playthrough notes: Numenor

-Feanor lost all of his items, but has regained most of them somehow. He is now a lunatic and rules the last lands of the Noldor (except the independent Gondolin), since the French conquered Fingolfin's lands. Gil-Galad still reigns his one county in the Pyreness, independent.

-Morgoth quickly took out the Leaguer of the Noldor and began spilling into Asia. He was finally checked by the arrival of Genghis Khan. He's got -14000 prestige and is completely bankrupt at -5000 gold.

-Turgon was slain by Incitatus, the immortal-hellenic pagan horse of ares, who then died a natural death despite his immortality. Turgon was succeeded by his daughter Indris, who died in an accident and was herself succeeded by the refugee Fingolfin, who like his kin has lost all his items. Fingolfin still looks completely amazing in his custom armor!

-The dwarves of Nogrond and Belegost were conquered by Tibet, but both Kingdoms were liberated by insurrections, and Belegost has carved out an impressive empire in the mountains of Tibet and the jungles of Bangladesh.

-I cannot advance in the Guild of Venturers because the requirements for building ships is to be a captain, and although I was able to do it twice, I can no longer improve my mariner skills despite the fact that I technically meet the requirements. Therefore I cannot advance to captain (the trait) in the guild. Books accumulate slowly so I cheated to get more books. I left the guild thinking to restart the progress, but to no avail.

-The King of Numenor has an artifact which is the crown of numenor, and it shows up nicely on his portrait, but the symbol of the Kings of Numenor was not a crown but a scepter. Just a little lore-nerd observation.

Genghis Khan the destroyer of Evil.

The elves should naturally fall to the wrath of the Greeks. Even the least of us are superior to some prissy elves.