• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Iyur

icddppl
25 Badges
Apr 2, 2014
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
moo_universe.png

Hello all.
I always was fun of Master of Orion series (even of the 3d part), and I think such a great grand strategy as Stellaris is really a perfect platform to recreate the MOO universe. The last MOO game is pretty ok, but seemed has less deepness, that's pushed me to create this mod.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2179796715

KEY FEATURES
  • 13+1 major moo race
  • 9+5 minor moo race
  • 2 elder civilizations
  • 1 archaeological chain
RACES

GENERATION

Master of Orion had a good backstory and lore, in most due to the variety of absolutely different and exotic races (btw, these roots you can still find now in Stellaris species concepts). So my first goal was to make them here but using only what we've got in Stellaris - vanilla's traits, civics, portraits, etc, with very limited additions. There was no sense to recreate specific race parameters from the MOO, as they won't fit the concept and the balance of the game.

I gathered all race stats from different parts of MOO to compile them and make something accordant of each civilization right in Stellaris. For now, there are 13+1 playable major and 9+5 minor (primitive) races. Some of them are requiring DLC (like Silicoids or Meklars, where there is no sense to make an alt version using the free content due to its limited fitting), some of them have alternative presets. There are also two elder factions (replaced fallen empires) – Antarans & Orion remnants to represent the great conflict, described in lore. Besides race characteristics, I've attempted to transfer all uniqueness of homeworlds, home systems and leaders. Personalities are bound as well.

The second goal was to ensure the galaxy is populated only with MOO races. Even if we replace all prescripted countries with our own, the generation process is not so obvious and still will create some random empires. So I write some starting events which will replace each existing Stellaris civilization with random MOO race (without duplication).

BACKGROUND
I know that MOO3 had been heavily criticized for a lot of divergences from previous parts. All in all, I think it had a lot of interesting stuff, like a new backstory. So, I've taken a period somewhere between 2nd and 3rd parts. That's why there will be some new races like Harvesters or others, as well as Antaran remnants.

Some additional bonuses: a small archaeological chain for races with the ancient background; Orion system with Guardian ship within.

TODO
  • unique initializer for each civilization (really not soon)
  • galaxy generation settings (set available minor/major races, some customization etc)
  • some lore events
  • minor improvements & polishings
  • probably unique starmap of Orion sector
TECH FAQ

RECOMMENDATIONS

Galaxy Settings:
  • AI Empires: <= 14 (for now)
  • Advanced AI Starts: 0
  • Fallen Empires: 2
  • Advanced Neighbors: Off
COMPATIBILITY
I was very careful with overriding, so it seems the mod is going to be compatible with many many others:
  • prescripted_countries / all files (to empty empire presets)
  • fallen_empires/00_fallen_empire.txt
SUPPORT
Thanks for reading this, I hope you like this mod. All this modding stuff requires a lot of time, so I'll be very grateful for any support and donation, this could significantly boost my morale and speed of development!