• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Hellenic religion is reformed from the start.

Is it ? The Demand Religious Conversion for non Hellenic subjects is grayed out...one characterstic of an unreformed religion is the inability to demand conversion.

Is it ? The Demand Religious Conversion for non Hellenic subjects is grayed out...one characterstic of an unreformed religion is the inability to demand conversion.

It is, but the devs made it where you still cannot demand conversion. Or holy war.

One definite bug, the other a maybe bug

Bug: All four of the Amazonian mercenary armies have blank leaders as in no leaders.

There should be leaders in the history files

Maybe bug No option to reform the Hellenic religion after holding four of the five possible holy sites (The only one I didn't hold was Rome) How do you trigger reformation of the Hellenic faith and what are the effects of reformation ?

Hellenic religion is unique due to being in a sort of halfway state between reformed and unreformed.

It's a bit harsh that your own male offspring also get automatically castrated on top of being banished. It does give problems when you want to create alliances..especially if using your male offspring to marry off matrilineally to Cyrene or Pontus for forming alliances.

That wasn't supposed to happen, And I noticed that I forgot to change the banish option to a minimum age of 17 (giving you time to marry him off)
I changed the event so that men of your dynasty are excluded from the event, though be warned because they are going to wreak havoc with their strong claims

That wasn't supposed to happen, And I noticed that I forgot to change the banish option to a minimum age of 17 (giving you time to marry him off)
I changed the event so that men of your dynasty are excluded from the event, though be warned because they are going to wreak havoc with their strong claims
You could make it so that the Claim CB has a potential requirement that states it can't be used on Enatic titles if the claimant is male. Also make sure to specify that for the formation of factions too.

I've actually gotten the idea that other states would not respect the Enatic succession and might use male claimants against you. Once I have time to test it I can test my faction changes.

I've played around with the mod a bit and that does not seem like a good idea or that it is even necessary. The Amazons already start with plenty of neighbors with religious CBs that are more than happy to use them. All of my male children were castrated, banished and joined merc companies, so I don't know who would press their claims anyway.

Here are some suggestions that I came up with. I don't know if they are all possible though:

-Every Amazon girl should have a childhood event that gives something like a 95 percent chance of gaining the homosexual trait.
-Amazons should not have a malus if their liege is homosexual. They also shouldn't get the relationship boost with other Amazons who have the trait. Make it just the way they are.
-Only homosexuals can inherit.
-The Festival of Aphrodisia should create a chance for every woman in the court to get pregnant. Perhaps the pollinate command could be used to make the children born a mix of the genetic material of co-rulers, harem girls or lovers where applicable and where not two random female courtiers. That would make the child a true gift of the gods. It would also allow for daughters and courtiers to get pregnant without landing them.
-When an Amazon girl comes of age and has a martial education maybe give her the wounded trait to represent the myth that Amazon warriors cut off their right breasts.

Does it count as a double-post if the last one was three days ago? No? Good.

There is a bug with the unnatural pregnancy feature. If the ruler becomes pregnant by a harem girl, the event to kill it if it is a boy fires and kills any current male children. The ruler is still pregnant and if she has another boy, the event does not fire for him unless she gets pregnant by a harem girl again.

Anyway, this is an interesting mod. I hope the OP doesn't mind, but I have been using it to create a personal mod of my own. The basic idea is to create conflict within the Amazon society between those who want to keep the old ways of no men versus those who think men are OK. Those who are fine with men don't get the castrate/kill event and are forced into enatic-cognatic succession. Eventually, I'll make it so the male rulers will switch to cognatic and find ways to create more conflict between the groups to basically represent the possibility of Amazon society fading away and dieing off.

Played through a few rulers using the mod ... I like it and it seems to work as intended on the latest version of the game. I started as Pontus and messed around with a few mechanics to see what happened. After getting control of all of the de-jure land of Kingdom of Armenia (I didn't create the title), I started landing some of the females of the realm and played through another ruler's reign.

1. When I conquer new lands, I decided to make sure that a true Hellenic, Amazon female was put in charge of the temple. Rather than creating a random vassal, I landed someone within the realm. There are a LOT of females with high education. Since the start of the game, my court chaplain has always had an education of 23 and every time I go to appoint someone as a temple priestess, there are a whole bunch of unlanded females in the realm with 23 and 22 education levels. This is making religious conversions particularly easy as each Duchess has at least three high level priestesses to choose from, in addition to my court chaplain working their provinces. Every time I land someone, does the powerful courtier event fire for them?

2. Creation of the Chivalresses was only available to my first ruler and disappeared about halfway through her realm. She needed the gold to keep mercs on hire, so I held off creating them. The second and now the third rulers don't have the option to create them.

3. While you can appoint females to your council, their ability to be assigned to and successfully accomplish their tasks doesn't work. I have had a Chancellor with a 22 Diplomacy skill sitting in Constantinople since the beginning of the game and she has never gotten a successful improve relations. When my son (don't ask) ended up with a 23+ diplomacy skill, I put him there and he almost immediately got a success. I found this thread that might be the problem:

"The job events also need to be edited. The tasks for chancellors, marshals and stewards trigger for men only. only_men = yes needs to be removed from those events to make them work for female chancellors."
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...-Challenge&p=16152836&viewfull=1#post16152836

4. My Duchess' seen to have figured out the co-ruler mechanic, my Countesses ... not so much. Some keep marrying men and usually normally.

5. Is there anyway to add a portrait/character info link to the co-ruler events? After I figured out that you could pick someone within your court or a direct vassal (excluding Duchess) as a co-ruler, I was able to use people finder to figure out who it was, but there are quite a few females of the same name to look through at times to make sure you pick the right one.

6. I agree with the homosexual malus as laid out by sosasoser. It should not apply between a liege/vassal if both are of the Amazon culture. I disagree that only homosexuals should be allowed to inherit.

7. In my first game, Byzantium crushed me, so I tried to use the trick of vassaling to them and working from the inside on my second try. The option to swear fealty isn't even to them, only as an option to the Muslims. Not sure if this is an issue with the mod ... is this because my top-level title is titular? So rum up, I can swear fealty to muslim, but not to orthodox.

8. Marrying your Heir ... problematic. The co-ruler option doesn't work for her and unless some husband comes in and works quickly, you end up doing bad things to your son-in-law shortly upon his arrival in your court.

9 I think the event to change the inheritance type is causing some other problems. My first ruler was not able to change inheritance type because it said she already had done so. I assume that was the event that changed the Pontus Tribe. She created the titular Kingdom of Thesselonia during her reign. My second ruler wasn't able to change the inheritance type either. It she had already made a change in her lifetime. I assume that the barony/county titles she conquered caused this flag to be set to yes. Looking to change off Gavelkind, since the option is there.

10. Free courtiers event. I understand the first ruler getting it, but not sure every new ruler needs it. Is there anyway you can tie it to a title creation rather than the title changing hands? Like I said, all my council members are 22+ in their primary skill except for martial ... she is even higher since she is my heir and has been leading my armies in conquest.

Last edited:
I don't think Frozen_Predator comes around the forum often. I'm not an official source on the mod, but I have played around with the files enough that I can answer/expand on your questions.

1. When I conquer new lands, I decided to make sure that a true Hellenic, Amazon female was put in charge of the temple. Rather than creating a random vassal, I landed someone within the realm. There are a LOT of females with high education. Since the start of the game, my court chaplain has always had an education of 23 and every time I go to appoint someone as a temple priestess, there are a whole bunch of unlanded females in the realm with 23 and 22 education levels. This is making religious conversions particularly easy as each Duchess has at least three high level priestesses to choose from, in addition to my court chaplain working their provinces. Every time I land someone, does the powerful courtier event fire for them?

Yes, the event fires for every Amazon ruler.

2. Creation of the Chivalresses was only available to my first ruler and disappeared about halfway through her realm. She needed the gold to keep mercs on hire, so I held off creating them. The second and now the third rulers don't have the option to create them.

Did one of the AI Amazon rulers organize them? There might be some bugs with them, but that is something I have not been able to figure out. To be honest, they aren't very helpful as they come with only 250 troops at the beginning of the game.

3. While you can appoint females to your council, their ability to be assigned to and successfully accomplish their tasks doesn't work. I have had a Chancellor with a 22 Diplomacy skill sitting in Constantinople since the beginning of the game and she has never gotten a successful improve relations. When my son (don't ask) ended up with a 23+ diplomacy skill, I put him there and he almost immediately got a success. I found this thread that might be the problem:

"The job events also need to be edited. The tasks for chancellors, marshals and stewards trigger for men only. only_men = yes needs to be removed from those events to make them work for female chancellors."
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...-Challenge&p=16152836&viewfull=1#post16152836

Yeah, that was me and that does solve the issue. It takes about 5 minutes to fix for anyone who wants to do it before it's officially fixed in the mod.

4. My Duchess' seen to have figured out the co-ruler mechanic, my Countesses ... not so much. Some keep marrying men and usually normally.

The problem is that there have to be eligible characters for them to make co-rulers. We they are first landed, they have no courtiers. The AI is programmed to get married and does. Your Duchesses can make one of the countesses co-ruler and will usually do so. Countesses don't have anyone until the Amazon courtiers event fires off or the game auto generates courtiers. Even after that, the AI doesn't know that it is supposed to prefer that to regular marriage. There is a way around it by setting up an event that kills off any husbands. However, that's problematic if as the player you wold like to get married to a male. In my testing of such an event, it works and countesses will eventually use the co-ruler decision.

5. Is there anyway to add a portrait/character info link to the co-ruler events? After I figured out that you could pick someone within your court or a direct vassal (excluding Duchess) as a co-ruler, I was able to use people finder to figure out who it was, but there are quite a few females of the same name to look through at times to make sure you pick the right one.

I assume if that were possible, Paradox would have added portraits to the castrate and blind decisions. For my own use I've tried to set up a chain of events that can make picking a co-ruler easier. I'm beginning to believe it may not be possible without severely limiting the number of potential candidates.

6. I agree with the homosexual malus as laid out by sosasoser. It should not apply between a liege/vassal if both are of the Amazon culture. I disagree that only homosexuals should be allowed to inherit.

As it turns out, what I wanted to do is not particularly easy to do and the inheritance thing is most likely impossible. I've gotten around the homosexual thing in my personal mod. To do so I had to set up an event to make no Amazons have the homosexual trait. I then had to create two new traits that are only available to Amazons and make it so that every Amazon eventually gets one or the other. Amazons with the same trait have relationship boosts. Amazons have relationship maluses with those who have the other trait.

At the moment, it's buggy, has balance issues and is probably not appropriate for the main mod.

7. In my first game, Byzantium crushed me, so I tried to use the trick of vassaling to them and working from the inside on my second try. The option to swear fealty isn't even to them, only as an option to the Muslims. Not sure if this is an issue with the mod ... is this because my top-level title is titular? So rum up, I can swear fealty to muslim, but not to orthodox.

The game sees your title as being on the same level as the ERE. I did some heavy editing to *fix* the problem and made Pontus start as a vassal of the ERE. However, I'm not really sure exactly why it eventually worked. Note that being a vassal doesn't necessarily make things easier. You then have to deal with the ERE's free duchy revoke power, free infidel revocation and priests converting your courtiers, unless you also change the rules for all of that. The Pontus start as it is in the mod is going to be difficult. In most games, you will need to expand rapidly or eventually be crushed if you don't want to change religions.

8. Marrying your Heir ... problematic. The co-ruler option doesn't work for her and unless some husband comes in and works quickly, you end up doing bad things to your son-in-law shortly upon his arrival in your court.

Not much can be done about that unless you change the rules for the banish/kill event to exclude married men or land your heir so she can use the co-ruler decision. If you want to change the banish/kill event for yourself it's very easy to do. In the mod's events folder open the file amazon_events.txt. The event you are looking for is the first one. You need to add "is_married = no" without the quotes in three places. Just look for the three places where you see "prisoner = no" and add the new limit on new lines directly underneath it.

9 I think the event to change the inheritance type is causing some other problems. My first ruler was not able to change inheritance type because it said she already had done so. I assume that was the event that changed the Pontus Tribe. She created the titular Kingdom of Thesselonia during her reign. My second ruler wasn't able to change the inheritance type either. It she had already made a change in her lifetime. I assume that the barony/county titles she conquered caused this flag to be set to yes. Looking to change off Gavelkind, since the option is there.

Yeah, that's sort of the cause of the problem. Not a great way to fix it without using the allow_laws cheat. Messing around with succession laws makes things very buggy in the game. It's not really the barony and county titles that are causing it. When your ruler died, the game reset the Kingdom title to Agnatic Gavelkind. I don't know why that happens. If you were at war at the time, you probably didn't notice as the event to change to enatic succession doesn't fire until you are at peace. Thus, your second ruler technically did already change the succession law of the title she is trying to change and can't do so again.

Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be a great fix for this. You can fix it for your starting titles with some heavy-handed editing of the mod's history files. However, in my limited testing it appears this will be a problem for any new titles you pick up.

10. Free courtiers event. I understand the first ruler getting it, but not sure every new ruler needs it. Is there anyway you can tie it to a title creation rather than the title changing hands? Like I said, all my council members are 22+ in their primary skill except for martial ... she is even higher since she is my heir and has been leading my armies in conquest.

It would probably better to fire these off as one-time special events for the initial Amazon rulers only. That should be an easy fix, I believe.

This really is a great mod. It uses some ingenious workarounds to do things the game is designed to not let you do. There are going to be some bugs and irritants any time a mod does that.

I don't think Frozen_Predator comes around the forum often. I'm not an official source on the mod, but I have played around with the files enough that I can answer/expand on your questions.

... [snip] ...

This really is a great mod. It uses some ingenious workarounds to do things the game is designed to not let you do. There are going to be some bugs and irritants any time a mod does that.
Thanks for the response! I agree, I really like this mod, since it provides many challenges not found in the game. In some ways, in its current format, it provides alternatives that make it very easy to overcome those challenges, so I'd like to see that adjusted a little.

I don't know if someone else created the Chivalresses. I'll try playing as the other surviving Amazon Kingdom and see if she has them. The North African kingdom is gone. In fact, her daughter is actually my current ruler because of a queen dying in battle without a female heir.

I don't know too much about modding (this mod might make me learn more), but I think events can be fired by year, so maybe the super-courtier event can be set to fire on TOG start date and not again. That way all three initial rulers get their super court and then after that you are on your own. That will make it a little tougher for Duchess and Countess, since they will be "stuck" with a normal court.

I do like your idea of creating two versions of the Amazon culture. Perhaps for this mod it makes sense to make those actually religions with an old and a reformed version. The holy places are already in the mod, and the mod has the religion sort of a mix between pagen and reformed pagen based on the actions you can take. This uses already designed in-game mechanics to get the relationship effects without additional modding.

I am curious about the going vassal. If the Byzantines are an empire, anything king and lower should be able to swear fealty to them, right? I can do so with the Caliph in Damascus who is also considered empire level. Is there something with the Byzantines that make their empire behave as a kingdom?

I think there should be an Decsion to create a religious head if either A) you control all five holy sites and have a lot of piety or B) you control at least 3 holy sites and have the Unnatural Beauty trait (in the latter case you should become the head like the Caliph or the Falkyr).

A couple of more issues:

1. If you pick a landed woman as your co-ruler and the Aphrodite festival events make her pregnant, it appears that the child that is born is of her dynasty, not yours. A bit problematic if she ends up having a daughter, since she ends up in the succession chain.

2. It is pretty easy to get around a succession crisis, since your ruler won't get pregnant without the festival. Once you have a daughter, just stop having the festival and don't visit your harem if you have a male harem. With the Amazon traits, chances are your one heir will have good to great stats and you'll have no problem having her take over.

Love the mod a quick idea. Add the an plot where an Amazon female can attempt to change the culture of a non-Amazon female to Amazon and the chance of success is based on the gender laws of the non-Amazon's kingdom. The less power for Females the better the chance and once one female is a converted Amazon all the other females in that court have a chance to follow her, and at some point there could be an "Amazon coup" event were if most females in your court are Amazons they can take over. Also I would like to see the gender laws modded so the non-Amazon kingdoms can at some point change to any level to immunize them selves from the spread of Amazon ideals by letting female characters have more power.

Love the mod a quick idea. Add the an plot where an Amazon female can attempt to change the culture of a non-Amazon female to Amazon and the chance of success is based on the gender laws of the non-Amazon's kingdom. The less power for Females the better the chance and once one female is a converted Amazon all the other females in that court have a chance to follow her, and at some point there could be an "Amazon coup" event were if most females in your court are Amazons they can take over. Also I would like to see the gender laws modded so the non-Amazon kingdoms can at some point change to any level to immunize them selves from the spread of Amazon ideals by letting female characters have more power.

I think that non-Amazon realms changing gender laws could be covered via plots. Say for example a king of an agnatic realm marries a queen or a duchess of an Amazonian realm, and he has no sons. At the least depending on how much military power the Amazonian queen wields, there might be faction to change the gender law to at least cognatic. No matter how patriarchal the feudal system was, at the end of the day the chief nobles will mostly acknowledge as ruler, the claimant who has the most military power.

If you click in the find title bellow the mini-map and find the empire of Amazonia(by typing amazonia in the search field) and meet the conditions, you should be able to create it like a de jure title.