• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Magdaki

Just Another Friendless Blorg
80 Badges
Sep 13, 2011
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Sengoku
  • Semper Fi
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • BATTLETECH
  • Prison Architect
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
Version: 0.2

Message from Me - 21 Feb 2012 - Making great progress now that I know the namespace thing doesn't work. I should have a nice version up in a couple of days.

Compatability: 1.03b

Installation:

1 - Download attached file
2 - Extract to Crusader Kings II mod directory

Changes:

1 - Removes plotting against spouse just because you're the player. You can now only plot against your spouse for the same reasons as the AI.

2 - Allows the AI to use more of the existing plots.

3 - Adds "Secretly Imprison" plot. Allows you to imprison a character in your realm without the diplomatic penalties.

4 - Adds "Shady Business" plot. Allows you to attack a character's business. Drive them bankrupt but beware this isn't without risks. Available to "Elusive Shadows" and steward-type characters.

5 - Adds "Ambush" plot. Hire thugs to beat up the target. Available to "Elusive Shadow" and military-type characters.

Permissions:

If somebody wishes to include this and future versions in their mod, you have my permission.

In Progress/Coming Soon:

1 - Improvements to Secret Imprisonment. You'll only be able to target people with a claim but who don't currently hold any title.
2 - Re-adds plot. Free character from prison. I had to remove it as it was not working properly. The AI was going nuts and trying to free anybody and everybody in prison.
3 - New plot. Raid the church. Hire raiders to steal from the Church.
4 - New plot. Raid the barony. Hire raiders to steal from a Baron.
5 - New plot. Raid the city. Hire raiders to steal from a city.
6 - New plot. Revoke city charter. Grants you the title of mayor of a city.
7 - New plot. Fabricate crime. Cause another character to possibly be imprisoned by their liege.
8 - Allow AIs to use more of the plots.

Additional Details

Note, that you may not see these plots on every character. I'm trying to make plots that are tied to having certain characteristics, in particular, negative characteristics. For example, Secretly Imprison is only available to characters who have the cruel trait.

Over time as I add more plots, almost every character will have some kind of additional plot.

Download:

0.2 View attachment Enhanced Plot Mod v0_2.rar

Last edited:
For the free character plot it would be nice if you could target yourself with it from prison. Not sure if it would be possible to exempt just this plot from the no intriging restriction that being imprisoned imposes.

I'll see what I can do.

I'd be thrilled to just get it working. :)

Currently, people can join the plots again (yay). But now when the target gets imprisoned they get imprisoned by their liege (which is great if it is you) but if it isn't then the person turns around and just lets them go again. But getting closer. :)

I've downloaded your plots to compare with my own plot mod and I noticed that a couple of the files I changed aren't in your download.

I think you probably want to change the event file job_spymaster.txt so that "Plot Uncovered" will detect your new plots. You may also want to edit hunting_event.txt so that plot_kill_hated_character can lead to an unfortunate accident when hunting in the same way that Paradox's murder plots can.

I like the idea to require multiple backers to get the good plot decisions. I needed something to make my plot less of a murderer's paradise. Do you mind if I steal that idea?

Sure, knock yourself out. Although if you're going to release a mod, I wonder if we should merge things instead of having two plot mods.

These plots are pretty cool :) Currently trying them out now.

For the prison plots, id add a 'prisoner=no' clause to the secret imprison plot so it doesnt target already imprisoned people.
And for the breakout plot Id add
NOT = { host = {
character = FROM
}
}
so it doesnt target prisoners of the plotter.

The current uploaded version is very broken. I have a new version underway with greatly improved plots.

Good idea on the breakout... I'll go add that. :)

I'm glad you're enjoying it. :)

New version (0.2) uploaded.

And for anybody using this I need your help...

First, of course, let me know if it has any problems.

But second, currently, the primary means of targetting is "Target hates me and I hate the target". The problem is that since there is a 3 targets per plot limit, you end up getting seemingly random targets. That's certainly not the intent. I want you to be able to target "problems" and have the plots give you an alternative means to address the "problem".

So, I need ideas on what the target criteria should be for the various plots I've added or will add. You can see the list at the top.

Thanks!!

You're not plotting to kill your wife but to simply outlive her. Of course killing her would achieve that goal quicker than waiting for natural causes.

Sounds interesting. We do need a single well developed plot mod to be sure. I hope to try this one out after the next patch.