• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Cultural Cities Remix

Changelog:

08-12-2018
Holy Fury update.
Apply filters to holding pictures to closer fit game graphics.
Looted holding pictures needed full graphicaltype coverage to work.
Add new western tier 3 castle retexture.
Use a smaller domed castle model for southern tier 2 castles.
Roman culture now uses Byzantine holding models.
Seperate the Hindu, Buddhist, Jain, Hellenic and East-European temple pictures.
Fixed Cuman houses breaking unit models? No idea why.

Instructions:

If you use overhaul mods, extract the add-on submods inside culturalcities.zip:
* If you use the HIP SWMH mod, play with both Cultural Cities Remix and the BLG/CC for SWMH mod.
* If you use the HIP Extended Mechanics & Flavor mod, play with both Cultural Cities Remix and the BLG/CC for EMF mod.
* If you use the CK2Plus mod, play with both Cultural Cities Remix and the BLG/CC for CK2Plus mod.
* If you use the When The World Stopped Making Sense mod, play with both Cultural Cities Remix and the BLG/CC for WTWSMS mod.
* If you use The Winter King mod, play with both Cultural Cities Remix and the BLG/CC for The Winter King mod.
* If you want to play for achievements, play with both Cultural Cities Remix and the CC ironman mod.

Downloads:

Direct: http://www.mediafire.com/file/5c6ga6yll3tjabp/Cultural_Cities_Remix_08122018.zip/file

Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=242577744

@Nendur

I'm having compatibility issues with my HIP (Arko's Interface) installment. Due to changes for Hospital and Fort as you can see from the pics.
Any ideas of how to fix them or rever the Cultural Cities placement changes? I really don't wann go back to Vanilla holdings :(

eSBS0Uk.jpg

Cheers.

Last edited:
@Nendur

I'm having compatibility issues with my HIP (Arko's Interface) installment. Due to changes for Hospital and Fort as you can see from the pics.
Any ideas of how to fix them or rever the Cultural Cities placement changes? I really don't wann go back to Vanilla holdings :(

eSBS0Uk.jpg

Cheers.
You can remove just the fort, hospital and trade post images (excluding the large frame versions) and the main holdings will still work.

You can remove just the fort, hospital and trade post images (excluding the large frame versions) and the main holdings will still work.

Thanks for the quick reply. So I'll have to delete everything from gfx/interface concerning hospitals, forts, posts? The large frame versions of them are still needed?
It's a pity we can't make these secondary images compatible. They're pretty cool.

Thanks for the quick reply. So I'll have to delete everything from gfx/interface concerning hospitals, forts, posts? The large frame versions of them are still needed?
It's a pity we can't make these secondary images compatible. They're pretty cool.
Yes, the placeholder_* for hospitals and forts can stay as well.
Resizing the pictures would work too, but it wouldn't be a quick fix.

Yes, the placeholder_* for hospitals and forts can stay as well.
Resizing the pictures would work too, but it wouldn't be a quick fix.

Alright. Thank you!
Maybe a future extra option for people using HIP and Arko Interface ? I'm sure there are many.
If you have the time ofc ;)

EDIT: Did you change the Byzantine castles in the latest update btw ?

Alright. Thank you!
Maybe a future extra option for people using HIP and Arko Interface ? I'm sure there are many.
If you have the time ofc ;)

EDIT: Did you change the Byzantine castles in the latest update btw ?
Yes, I forgot that was this update too, the Byzantine castles use the new default holding picture.

Yes, I forgot that was this update too, the Byzantine castles use the new default holding picture.

To be honest, I really liked the old one, so I tweaked back the previous images :cool:

@Nendur

A few quick questions if I may, why CC Remix Comp submod with HIP includes scripted triggers, religions and multiple txt cultures entries (2 of them empty) in common/cultures folder?

Also is 100% compatible with CPR's version included in HIP version? If so why it has zBLGCC_cultures and not the CPR ones, in the compatibility folder?

Cheers.

Last edited:
@Nendur

A few quick questions if I may, why CC Remix Comp submod with HIP includes scripted triggers, religions and multiple txt cultures entries (2 of them empty) in common/cultures folder?

Also is 100% compatible with CPR's version included in HIP version? If so why it has zBLGCC_cultures and not the CPR ones, in the compatibility folder?

Cheers.
The triggers and religions are from the BLG version, it doesn't look like they were left in this version..

The triggers and religions are from the BLG version, it doesn't look like they were left in this version..

Ok thanks for the quick reply.

I think I have the latest version, for both the base mod and the Compatibility mod. I'll recheck though.
What about the Comp with HIP full CPR version? Any conflicts from zBLGCC_cultures file ? I mean you made the Comp submod with Full HIP in mind or with HIP without CPR? I'm asking because sometimes I like to play with BLG and some others with CPR because of the extra headgear. So I just want to be sure that I'm covered either way.

Cheers.

Ok thanks for the quick reply.

I think I have the latest version, for both the base mod and the Compatibility mod. I'll recheck though.
What about the Comp with HIP full CPR version? Any conflicts from zBLGCC_cultures file ? I mean you made the Comp submod with Full HIP in mind or with HIP without CPR? I'm asking because sometimes I like to play with BLG and some others with CPR because of the extra headgear. So I just want to be sure that I'm covered either way.

Cheers.
The culture setup is made with BLG in mind, for full compatibility with CPR it's better to turn the zBLGCC_cultures.txt file into an empty file.

The culture setup is made with BLG in mind, for full compatibility with CPR it's better to turn the zBLGCC_cultures.txt file into an empty file.

That's fine, I'll try it. Thanks! Probably I'll need to tweak the BLG's file in Cultural cities folder as well, right ? or just play with BLG on all the time :cool:

I think It will be better if you could could make it clearer in the Mod's description, since others maybe also wondering about it or add a compatch for full HIP when you have the time, since CPR is included by default in HIP, as you know.

Cheers.

Hi, @Nendur

Just letting you know that HIP now uses a custom scaled ''zz_settlements_replace.gfx'' and ''zz_SWMH_scaled_settlements.gfx'' files with different scale and culling, so not sure if you'll need to adjust the Compatch submod you provide with Cultural cities. HIP also changed scaling for all units, so you maybe want to adjust your unit changes included in the BLG mod.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Hi there!

This looks awesome. Is it permitted to incorporate the main features of this mod into other mods? And before I get messy up to the elbows in another load of code - how much work do peopel think it would be to adapt this mod for inclusion in a total conversion mod which has all-new cultures, some of which don't use vanilla graphical cultures?

Thanks,

nd

Hi, @Nendur

Just letting you know that HIP now uses a custom scaled ''zz_settlements_replace.gfx'' and ''zz_SWMH_scaled_settlements.gfx'' files with different scale and culling, so not sure if you'll need to adjust the Compatch submod you provide with Cultural cities. HIP also changed scaling for all units, so you maybe want to adjust your unit changes included in the BLG mod.

Cheers!
The filename needs to be updated again to follow, it currently actually makes the tradeposts bigger.
For the units it will probably mean removing the scaling or it will get too complicated.
Hi there!

This looks awesome. Is it permitted to incorporate the main features of this mod into other mods? And before I get messy up to the elbows in another load of code - how much work do peopel think it would be to adapt this mod for inclusion in a total conversion mod which has all-new cultures, some of which don't use vanilla graphical cultures?

Thanks,

nd
The mod can be included into others.
In the simpler form that can mean adding secondary graphical cultures. (That doesn't work with the holding pictures through.)
Otherwise it is going through the interface files and renaming the graphical cultures.

The filename needs to be updated again to follow, it currently actually makes the tradeposts bigger.
For the units it will probably mean removing the scaling or it will get too complicated.

Yeah, I suppose. You know better what to do. I was just letting you know ;)

PS
They released a hotfix (again) so it's Fury 6 already and as you can see the reverted the Unit scaling changes. So no need to change anything in you BLG mod. But the settlement gfx changes concerning Cultural Cities are staying, as I said.

Last edited: