• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

vickerage

Sergeant
28 Badges
Apr 21, 2014
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • War of the Vikings
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • War of the Roses
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
banner.jpg

"Britain - Barons, Hundreds, Wards and Wapentakes" is a mod for CK2 focusing on the British Isles. In this mod you can play as a smaller tier feudal lord as the map is made up of smaller divisions of land, using the historical system of Hundreds/Wards/Wapentakes and historical shires and counties. I have tried to keep the map historically accurate however they may me some inaccuracies or modern day approximations on borders and boundaries. This mod makes ruling the British Isles far more complex and detailed, with many factions making up the different regions and more barons to contend with, in order to rule you will have to juggle far more vassal lords.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2004446261

FEATURES:
  • Highly detailed map of the British Isles with four nations - England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland.
  • Historical county borders split into Hundreds, Wards and Wapentakes.
  • Rule as a King, Duke, Count, or as a minor baron.
  • v1.04 Year 769 Bookmark only for now.
This is my first mod and it is fairly large in scale, some of the features and functionality might need further ironing out. Since I am only a single person please report any bugs or errors and I'll try to get around to fixing them.

Here is a 7zip file of the latest version.

Attachments

• Britain v1.03.zip
    185,4 MB · Views: 0
  • v.1.04.zip
    230,9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Immediate Bugs I am aware of:

- Small shield shows in holdings list on the right hand side with "...", not entirely sure why this shows up as you accumulate holdings.
- Titles for OffMap Powers are a little shonky e.g "Capetian France Kingdom" " Holy Roman Empire Empire" "League of Raiders Kingdom" I need to iron these kinks out somehow.
- In the Character view panel, titles collect very quickly as you rise up the ranks, so they do look a little untidy all squashed in together here.
- I may reduce the amount of tax you get for things in the future, I have reduced the military size to match the smaller holding size, however wealth can be accumulated quite rapidly.

Can grant Mistress title to anyone, even to my son. And it is repeatedly granted and revoked by AI. Most of the AI rulers' spouses have about -1000 opinions...

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Scotland (Pictland?) is not playable atm. Cumbrian and Cornish cultures should be Celtic (afaik).
EDIT: Some courts are being spammed by characters from all over
ck2_7.png
Otherwise, this mod is great! This is what I had hoped CK3's direction would be.

Last edited:
Scotland (Pictland?) is not playable atm. Cumbrian and Cornish cultures should be Celtic (afaik).
EDIT: Some courts are being spammed by characters from all over
Haha, wow I didn't expect that. It only appears to be Mercia being spammed for some reason when it generates the court at game start.
Someone else mentioned Scotland not being playable too, not sure what's going on there, perhaps it relies on some DLC, I can't seem to replicate the issue. I'll try and investigate why people from all over are turning up too.
Thanks for your feedback!

Last edited:
Can grant Mistress title to anyone, even to my son. And it is repeatedly granted and revoked by AI. Most of the AI rulers' spouses have about -1000 opinions...
I've taken out the Mistress title, it was behaving a little odd. Maybe I'll tweak it later on.

Well, the screenshot is from just my court, but I've noticed it all over the map. Focalized on some courts, but still all over (Ireland, England, etc)
Hrmmm, maybe it's something to do with the regions setup, it might not realise the new geographical regions shouldn't spawn characters from all over. I'll look into it.

Oh yes, sounds great. Bit like mjohnson's mod was in the beginning. But with the focus on early medieval England.

This mod with an Anarchy bookmark sounds like that would be a lot of fun :)
Or the Barons' Wars

This looks very cool! Let me know if you need any help on something tedious, or anything at all.

Please please please put Irish and Brythonic into different categories. There was no common “Celtic” connection between them in the period, they saw each other just as foreign as the English. And split the Germanic and Gaelic Scottish cultures, ideally each would form their own culture group unless you have them change over time (like Old English - Scots in Scotland, etc) because even the Scots-speaking Scots, while not Celtic and still understandable by English speakers, were still, well, not English.

Please please please put Irish and Brythonic into different categories. There was no common “Celtic” connection between them in the period, they saw each other just as foreign as the English. And split the Germanic and Gaelic Scottish cultures, ideally each would form their own culture group unless you have them change over time (like Old English - Scots in Scotland, etc) because even the Scots-speaking Scots, while not Celtic and still understandable by English speakers, were still, well, not English.
Can you explain a bit more what you mean? At the moment there are four broad Culture Groups: English/Scottish/Welsh/Irish, they are already separate. They then break down into smaller cultures for the purposes of this mod. I used the current dna marker information we have showing very distinct cultural groups still prevalent today to make these categories.
If anything, I probably need to add a bit more detail to the English cultures to show the various Anglo Saxon subgroups and have the naming change over at a set date to the English variants.

I've added a 7zip file with the mod in, since Steams version seems a little on the quirky side this might give more consistent results, let me know if the same problems still persist. (Scotland *should* be playable with this one)

@vickerage Tried the zip version, no change upon Scotland playability.
@Mitusonator Did you get CTD or Game Over? Did you try to choose many different characters? The only time I got Game Over was when chose the rulers of Strathclyde and Dal Riata from the pre-selected list at the beginning, I'm guessing because both have possessions in de jure Scotland