• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hello. Really impressive mod and amazing work! And, I am very glad that you have helped to fill the gap in history between the Bronze Age Mod and Imperator. Now there a mods covering 4 000 years of history in three PDX games.

One little question though - why do the Assyrians have Akkadian heritage? I think at 986 BCE the Assyrians had been a civilization of its own since the fall of the Akkadian Empire?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hello. Really impressive mod and amazing work! And, I am very glad that you have helped to fill the gap in history between the Bronze Age Mod and Imperator. Now there a mods covering 4 000 years of history in three PDX games.

One little question though - why do the Assyrians have Akkadian heritage? I think at 986 BCE the Assyrians had been a civilization of its own since the fall of the Akkadian Empire?
Well formally Assyrians and Babylonians are a bit like Poles and Russians (thats a bit far i know). For example assyrians recognized Babylon as holy place during middle period and in Iron Age for a time two countries were allied (for a short time cause of aramean "visits"). So assyrians believed themselves connected to babylonians thou babylonians disliked assyrians cause burning of their capital and sanctuary of Marduk short;y before bronze age collapse.
As for Jews thing there are many theories. And things can always be changed. We will see currently I am dealing with formables and bug fixing.

Reactions:
palestine.PNG

Establishing a premature Hellenistic Syria. It might be illegible but I've got Karkamish as my vassal state. In my head I'm playing as a Phillistine warlord who's imrpisoned the Hittite King in his palace and is using a restoration of the Hittite Empire as casus belli for the asserting of Pallistin rule over the Levant. Currently invading Suhu which was allied to Assyria, luckily Assyria chickened out.

View attachment 781050
Establishing a premature Hellenistic Syria. It might be illegible but I've got Karkamish as my vassal state. In my head I'm playing as a Phillistine warlord who's imrpisoned the Hittite King in his palace and is using a restoration of the Hittite Empire as casus belli for the asserting of Pallistin rule over the Levant. Currently invading Suhu which was allied to Assyria, luckily Assyria chickened out.
I am glad that someone is having fun with my mod. Apparently, there are still errors, but I am constantly fixing them, so if something happens, write to me. By the way, Pallistin was a short-lived state founded by the philistines in Syria. Evidence of its existence are the mentions from Pattina and Hamath, as well as the presence in the lists of the rulers philistine sounding name Taita (in the Bible in the same period there is the mentioned king of Hamath, named Toi).

• 1Like
Reactions:
I read something about Micene City - state, it has been conquered completely from Argos in the 468 BC, considerating that the mod starts in the X century BC, Micene in this period was a decadent city, though it kept again a certain degree of autonomy, according to some scholars such as Kahrstedt and Busolt Micene hasn't been absorbed by synecism from Argos , so maybe you could add it in this mod.

Last edited:
I read about Micene City - state, it has been conquered completely from Argos in the 468 BC, considerating that the mod starts in the X century BC, Micene in this period was a decadent city, though it kept again a certain degree of autonomy, according to some scholars such as Kahrstedt and Busolt Micene hasn't been absorbed by synecism from Argos , so maybe you could add it in this mod.
Since there are no votes against, we will of course add Mycenae. I still need to figure out a few things about adding new provinces. I'm also constantly fixing bugs. We'll see if I can do it all by Sunday.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Am I the only one getting performance issues, as in the game is running quite slow? If not, is there a way to find out what the main load on performance is? Like if it's the number of nations or whatever.

Am I the only one getting performance issues, as in the game is running quite slow? If not, is there a way to find out what the main load on performance is? Like if it's the number of nations or whatever.
No you are not the only one since I noticed this too, and yes it seems that number of factions have some influence since after a couple of decades the game seems to run smoother. I'll see what I can do about it. Thank you for your intrest in this mod. Since there is no report about further crashes I will finally return to working on new content (and ocasionally repairing minor bugs).

• 1Like
Reactions:
I don't know why but last time I played the world started to fill with pops from a culture from Sri Lanka.
And some minutes after noticing that the game just closes
I noticed that yesterday during one of the simulations. I think the issue nr 1 is caused by my usage of numbers in country id's and the problem nr 2 by placing that culture accidentally in wasteland areas. I should fix it by next sunday and because soon I will have moore free time maybe the work on mod will move faster.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Also, I have experienced sudden crashe pf the game that seem to happen at a certain date.
Next time I'll try to see what causes it
Well now after the todays update it spams that:
[22:31:51][country.cpp:5194]: There is already too many Countries to start new civil war.
It realy seems like there is a sort of limit to number of countries after all.
I have more less 1450 countries, Snowlets mod 600-700, vanilla 600.
I will try to limit the number of countries and then we will see what will happen.
Don't worry I'm always finishing what i started. Sadly I have very little time to work on the mod.

Perchance could you add newly only the tribe of Decantae in Scotland ?
The reason is which I like these tribes little considered or forgotten by history a lot and I like to do military campaigns with these tribes.

Last edited:
Perchance could you add newly only the tribe of Decantae in Scotland ?
The reason is which I like these tribes little considered or forgotten by history a lot and I like to do military campaigns with these tribes.
Well as you probably seen last days i figured out the reason behind crashes (I even uploaded a screenshot as a proof). This reason is ...................... too big amount of factions. Currently I'm working on a solution while I left a mod version with dumbed down rebelion mehanics on steam (temporary replacement while I'm figuring out how the new version will work). To be short the game (or modder) gives every new country a tag (identifier) and in case of for example rebelions it invents one. The number of those tags seems to be limited, and game even says that. So for now best course of action is to wait how it will go with smaller amount of countries. Btw. if anyone has experience with this issue help will be appriciated cause maybe someone found out how to remove the limit.

Reactions:
perchance is it present also a manual version of your mod ?
Yes like most modders I also have github. Here there should be a release_branch (but surprisingly I have it in client app but not on page) and dev_branch (what I'm currently working on). Since I have to change a lot of elements I need a bit more time til next update.
https://github.com/LonelyModder/IAOOD