Mod 33 for Darkest Hour is released (v 0.4 released for DH 1.02)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is the mod mobilization-by-events -driven like DH vanilla or manpower growth -driven like KR? Just asking cause it's getting late 1936 playing Japan and the daily MP increase is 0.000002 or whatever and there's no mobilization decision showing whatsoever. Hard to do Marco Polo with starting divisions and no MP.

IIRC, Mod33 actually had its own mobilization system before DH. Basically it gives you a bunch of manpower and spawns a bunch of infantry at a cost of IC efficiency.

Whats the difference between the true historic 1933 and the other one? Do you have to follow certain events in the true one?

if i remember rorrwctly. in the true historical mod the ai will always choose the historical option while you can atill use the ahiostorical ways. in the other scenario the ai can use ahistorcal pathes.

and about the translation. we are translating the main powers first and probaly release the files evertime a great power is finished. and behold... belgium will probably be the first (special reasons :) )
the team is working very admirable but its a looooot of work.
for those who complain about french.
french is language of love. thats why i have learned it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3Kvu6Kgp88&feature=related

Know what that song reminds me of?

BWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG
inception.jpg

found few other things..

When i started a game last night i got :

Database mismatch(type7/id 14000) is already in use , do you still wanna continue.

Is ok to click ignore and go on but sometimes it crashes on me.

Also aircraft and secret weapon tech names are missing ,when i open a tab i can see late tech descriptions but not the name.

And i found two unknown string wanted at two german light tank techs.

But so far so good no in-game crash and cant wait for english...keep it up guys.:)

Also what's up with combat speed? Troops moving so slow and the battles are so enormously long that now it's summer 1938 but Italy still fighting in Ethiopia. It's almost 3 years now! 0_o I've got a feeling that World War in mod33 will last till 60-s...

Also what's up with combat speed? Troops moving so slow and the battles are so enormously long that now it's summer 1938 but Italy still fighting in Ethiopia. It's almost 3 years now! 0_o I've got a feeling that World War in mod33 will last till 60-s...

Do you have defence stats of 100+ for land units as well?
That obviously explains the almost never-ending fights.

Hi. Will this mod 33 for DH have new events chains (for example finished event chains for Imperialist or Communist Path of the USA) or this mod will have only those events which were in mod 33 1.5 for Hearts of Iron 2?

Another thing: I just watched how commies lost in German Civil War and then there was no event like "Yay! Victory!" or something and they didn't move their capital back to Berlin, so now it's Essen 0_o. That never happend in the original mod33, so I guess communists should have won the war and no other possibilities was anticipated. Or they were but devs forgot to put an event for that in game :)

if i remember rorrwctly. in the true historical mod the ai will always choose the historical option while you can atill use the ahiostorical ways. in the other scenario the ai can use ahistorcal pathes.

and about the translation. we are translating the main powers first and probaly release the files evertime a great power is finished. and behold... belgium will probably be the first (special reasons :) )
the team is working very admirable but its a looooot of work.
for those who complain about french.
french is language of love. thats why i have learned it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3Kvu6Kgp88&feature=related

I don't complain, I just don't understand it. :D

I think Otto Wels as a leader of Social Democratic Party must be a "Social Democrat", not "Paternal Autocrat"

m33j.png

Also, what a nazi Hermann Göring doing in a social democratic government?

I'm not that good of a beta tester, but I played it anyways, so. It's very good, I have much fun with it. Playing as Germany, no Dissent at all and my economy is booming. Though I have no manpower. :D But that'll come I guess. :)

So, as I said, I'm not a smart beta tester, so I can't report any bugs (because, they're not obvious to me), overall, the mod is fluent and well-playable to me. Keep the great work, just the English translation is missing, then it's perfect. :D

Edit: Game options:
Difficulty/AI Aggr.: Normal/Normal
Game Speed: Fast
Democracy can start War: No
Full IC-/Full Tech Team Takeover: Yes
End Date: 28 years

Last edited:
Horst Helios said:
Also, what a nazi Hermann Göring doing in a social democratic government?
i doubt you'll find a minister of air force before 35. just take sb from the Truppenamt without trait.

Found another small thing when i switched to counters...i could saw that germany(after change to nazi germany) has blank counters without a flag.

Sprites are alright so no big deal.