• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

mcharod

Corporal
65 Badges
Nov 16, 2020
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
Have you thought to introduce this old Persian-Roman religion in the mod?

Mithraism was very popular in the Roman Empire from 1st to 4th centuries, there were still believers and cult in the 5th century. This religion was linked with the Zoroastrism.

I think it could be very interesting to introduce it in the mod! :)

We already have Mithraism in the mod as a Hellenic heresy, the code for it is mithraic_pagan.

Mithraic religion description said:
The Mithraic Mysteries were a mystery religion practiced in the Roman Empire from about the 1st to 4th centuries AD. The name of the Persian god Mithra, adapted into Greek as Mithras, was linked to a new and distinctive imagery. Writers of the Roman Empire period referred to this mystery religion by phrases which can be anglicized as Mysteries of Mithras or Mysteries of the Persians. The mysteries were popular in the Roman military. Worshipers of Mithras had a complex system of seven grades of initiation, with ritual meals. Initiates called themselves syndexioi, those "united by the handshake". They met in underground temples, which survive in large numbers. The cult appears to have had its centre in Rome.

• 1Like
Reactions:
...and the believers of Mithras appeared at last, lost in the deep Caucasus!!

20210105_155335.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions:
I am very committed with this old Persian god because one of the only dozen of ronde-bosse (or free standing) sculptures of Mithras which have been preserved in the World (and the only one in Spain) was found in my home town, in the context Roman villa from II-IV centuries which was reused in V-VII centuries.

Find to follow a picture of it:

Mithras_of_Cabra_(CIMRM_771),_found_in_1952_in_Fuente_de_las_Piedras_in_Cabra,_1st_half_of_the...jpg

More general information here: https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitra_de_Cabra

• 1Like
Reactions:
Have you thought to introduce this old Persian-Roman religion in the mod?

Mithraism was very popular in the Roman Empire from 1st to 4th centuries, there were still believers and cult in the 5th century. This religion was linked with the Zoroastrism.

I think it could be very interesting to introduce it in the mod! :)

As others already said it exist as an heresy of Hellenic Paganism. But i was a little disappointed for it's lack of features, so i mod it by myself to giving it more flavors:
2)I splitted it from Hellenic and it's now an indipendent religion. I would had like to add it as an heresy of Latin Solar (as the two faith were often confused with each others), but being Solar a separate unreformed faith i struggled and eventually gave up
1) It was a cult mostly followed by soldiers, so my modded Mithraism also give a martial buff
2) As it was a male only cult, it now forbid women to have any role, even spymaster (as i wanted it to be an opposite of my also modded Cybelian cult, that i made more femminist that it was in both the mod and reality), and matrilinear marriage are also disabled
3) To compensate this, Mithraic men can now have up to three concubines/wives (still undecided which one, to show either it's Iranic roots, or show the frontier cultural influences from the pagan germans. The in-game reason tho was to help the Mithraic dynasties to survive without female inheritance and matrilinear marriages)