• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Nov 3, 2016
TLDR; Fixes for the Galatian events, which fire too early (compared to historically) and worsen the experience of playing as a Didaochi or other states in Anatolia early on.

The current state of the Galatian events is a stop gap, which is fine, it allows us to include them and adds a bit more historicity to the game (which is wonderful) but the event is very, very powerful. I realize its intended to be almost unbeatable by the AI diadochi, however the problem is that the event fires far, far too early in the timeline, even with the newer triggers. I propose slight alterations to the event triggers to push back when the Galatians fire to more closely align with their historical dates. Ptolemy Keranas died in battle against the Celtic invasion of Macedon in 279 or 278 BCE, so a date of roughly 474 or later as a hard start date on firing the event would force it back towards its historical period (allowing it to potentially fire a year early). The strength of the event wont change, the AI will not be able to stop it (just like now) and Galatia will still form in almost every game. But a savvy player may be able to oppose them, it will also make the Diadochi much more enjoyable to play early. (Currently the Galatians attack during the war, which is incorrect and also makes Antiogonus particularly inviable as they steal away some of his most important starting provinces, they detract from the most dramatic part of the Diadochi experience by attacking when they do.)

Thank you to the Invictus team for all of your wonderful work and to the original mod authors! I, and I think the community, cannot thank you enough for keeping this game alive!

• 3Like
Reactions:
Upvote 0
TLDR; Fixes for the Galatian events, which fire too early (compared to historically) and worsen the experience of playing as a Didaochi or other states in Anatolia early on.

The current state of the Galatian events is a stop gap, which is fine, it allows us to include them and adds a bit more historicity to the game (which is wonderful) but the event is very, very powerful. I realize its intended to be almost unbeatable by the AI diadochi, however the problem is that the event fires far, far too early in the timeline, even with the newer triggers. I propose slight alterations to the event triggers to push back when the Galatians fire to more closely align with their historical dates. Ptolemy Keranas died in battle against the Celtic invasion of Macedon in 279 or 278 BCE, so a date of roughly 474 or later as a hard start date on firing the event would force it back towards its historical period (allowing it to potentially fire a year early). The strength of the event wont change, the AI will not be able to stop it (just like now) and Galatia will still form in almost every game. But a savvy player may be able to oppose them, it will also make the Diadochi much more enjoyable to play early. (Currently the Galatians attack during the war, which is incorrect and also makes Antiogonus particularly inviable as they steal away some of his most important starting provinces, they detract from the most dramatic part of the Diadochi experience by attacking when they do.)

Thank you to the Invictus team for all of your wonderful work and to the original mod authors! I, and I think the community, cannot thank you enough for keeping this game alive!
This is 100% the wrong place to suggest a change for the Invictus mod, we have a discord or our forum post for that. That being said i've tightened the requirements a bit so the Galatian invasion is pushed back a bit.

• 2Like
Reactions: