• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(57397)

Private
May 26, 2006
Well, got it few hours ago, played it a bit, and its not that bad as I thought. :)

Cutscenes are very impressive, gameplay is really fast, not as fast as Blitzkrieg2 but fast enough, and infantry(finally!) are somewhat useful against tanks.
Good stuff.

Now some bad stuff. :)
When starting the game, singleplayer button is greyed out for some reason.
Dont know if this is intentional.

Wheres the force-enter building command? Pretty silly shooting at the guy in the bunker for 30 sec, instead of going in the bunker and killing him in 2.

No skirmish, no training camp, only campaigns, bit poor on the singleplayer side. Not all that poor, theres 25 missions all in all but it would be cool to just duke it out without the time pressure.

More coming up tomorrow.. :cool:

Hi there,

I think you need to create a profile to un-gray the SP selection.

There is also a tutorial (in SP, of course) and you can play Skirmish (it is called Deathmatchin MP) and all you have to is choose all computer controlled enemies.

As for bunkers, you got that one right. No forced entry. Its to make a building a more powerful defensive position to take up. Mostly so you can't dispatch the guys inside in 2 secs. ;)

I am looking forward to your "more". Constructive criticism such as yours is always welcome. :)

[SR]Caveman said:
Hi there,

I think you need to create a profile to un-gray the SP selection.

There is also a tutorial (in SP, of course) and you can play Skirmish (it is called Deathmatchin MP) and all you have to is choose all computer controlled enemies.

As for bunkers, you got that one right. No forced entry. Its to make a building a more powerful defensive position to take up. Mostly so you can't dispatch the guys inside in 2 secs. ;)

I am looking forward to your "more". Constructive criticism such as yours is always welcome. :)
Heya, I had to re-select the already active profile to enable the Singleplayer menu,
so you were right about it.

Its a new game, but the biggest problem is that Im trying to play it like Panzers.
Speed is critical here, and Im used to scout the area before I attack it, but in RfB
tempo is a bit higher.

About the forced-entry, I think it would fit with the pace of the game, especially when there's a time limit on your ass.

Wishlist:
A Skirmish tab in the singleplayer menu would be cool when its already in the game.
I want command menu back, sometimes my other hand is busy doing some other stuff.

Still, love the missions, very well done, and sound is worth praise.

PS. When is the 1.2 patch coming out for GamersGate users?

I did the same thing. Tried to play it like Panzers. But the playstyle is different (more than just the speed-time thing). As for Rushing, there is an alternative. Lots of players like to take their time and we certainly didn't want to alienate them with this game.

So for those who like to take it slow and explore, you get points for completing optional and hidden objectives that compensate you for the points you lose due to time. So, if you prefer it, you can still take your time to complete each mission. :)

You have a point about the forced entry thing. I suppose it was just a question of doing it or not doing it and they chose the latter. ;)

Skirmish (aka Deathmatch): It ended up in the MP section because you can play against the computer, against other humans or a mix of both. But it doesn't require any internet or LAN connection to pay against the computer (just click on LAN and choose all computer opponents).

Command Menu: Sacrificed to the god of clean and easy-to-use interfaces. :D

Patch for Gamersgate folks: I will ask.

dallaboo said:
Any news on when the patch is coming, Caveman?

Paradox has been given the patches for both the European and U.S. versions of the downloadable RFB.

I will send them an email asking them for the status of the patch. ;)

Hey Dallaboo:

I guess you already know but for the benefit of everyone else, the patch is now available on Gamersgate. :)

[SR]Caveman said:
Hey Dallaboo:

I guess you already know but for the benefit of everyone else, the patch is now available on Gamersgate. :)

When will Rush for Berlin 2 be ready? :)

I wanna have the option to change history since the wars begin as russians or germans :p

EDIT: and of course as hungarians ;)

You already have the ability to change history from the beginning. :)

We have released the Map Editor and Modding tools to the community. So anything you want to make is a possibility. :D

Visit www.stormregion.com to pick up the tools.

As for RFB2, we have Rush for the Bomb coming out soon (Q4 2006).