• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
CK2 Version: 2.1.1
MEP: 0.1.5b + hotfix
No additional mods
I get the "Runtime Error!" message when the game is almost loaded (when the message reads "Calculating Naval Ranges")

EDIT: Turns out I didn't have the hotfix. I feel silly now.

Last edited:
New bug this time. Every so often I experience the "unexpected shutdown" error message, usually about after 15-20 minutes of play.

We know that some decisions could make the game crash. It's maybe the reason for you?
We'll need more informations about this bug if it's not the reason... On which screen were you before the crash, things like this ;)

CK Version: 2.1,.1
MEP: 0.1.5b+compatibility patch
Additional Mods: HIP installed but not activated.

There is an unmatched parenthesis in the file faction_decisions.txt (in the decisions folder). The decision faction_claimant_ultimatum has one too few parenthesis at the end of it (there ought to be one more after line 1241), so that the parenthesis at the end of the file that ought to end the list of decisions instead ends the decision faction_claimant_ultimatum. This has had the effect of "hiding" the decision faction_antiking_ultimatum; on adding the missing parenthesis, faction_antiking_ultimatum is possible again, and will in fact almost always display as a choice- leads_faction = faction_antiking is the primary requirement in its potential, but, since you have gotten rid of faction_antiking, the game interprets this as "leads_faction = no_faction".

Also, my game keeps crashing ("CKII has stopped working" and exit to desktop) after playing the game for a few minutes. I can't figure out any common theme behind the crashes (i.e., they're not just occurring when opening a character tab, or after receiving an event, or anything like that), so I'm not sure how to turn this into a useful bug report, but I'm curious whether anyone else has had this problem. Neither deleting and reinstalling the mod nor reinstalling CKII has stopped this problem, and I have not had it happen while playing unmodded CKII (not even since 2.1.1, which I understand has caused crashes for some people).

EDIT: But far more important is the following: one of the quotes displayed on loading runs "You shall no pass- Gandalf the Grey". The correct quote is, of course, "You cannot pass."

Last edited:
CK Version: 2.1,.1
Additional Mods: HIP installed but not activated.

There is an unmatched parenthesis in the file faction_decisions.txt (in the decisions folder). The decision faction_claimant_ultimatum has one too few parenthesis at the end of it (there ought to be one more after line 1241), so that the parenthesis at the end of the file that ought to end the list of decisions instead ends the decision faction_claimant_ultimatum. This has had the effect of "hiding" the decision faction_antiking_ultimatum; on adding the missing parenthesis, faction_antiking_ultimatum is possible again, and will in fact almost always display as a choice- leads_faction = faction_antiking is the primary requirement in its potential, but, since you have gotten rid of faction_antiking, the game interprets this as "leads_faction = no_faction".

Also, my game keeps crashing ("CKII has stopped working" and exit to desktop) after playing the game for a few minutes. I can't figure out any common theme behind the crashes (i.e., they're not just occurring when opening a character tab, or after receiving an event, or anything like that), so I'm not sure how to turn this into a useful bug report, but I'm curious whether anyone else has had this problem. Neither deleting and reinstalling the mod nor reinstalling CKII has stopped this problem, and I have not had it happen while playing unmodded CKII (not even since 2.1.1, which I understand has caused crashes for some people).

EDIT: But far more important is the following: one of the quotes displayed on loading runs "You shall no pass- Gandalf the Grey". The correct quote is, of course, "You cannot pass."

Thanks for the reports !

For the crash, we know about a crash with some hire decisions in the build, Chris fix it, i'll probably reupload soon the patch with it. If it's your problem, it'll be solved soon then. But if not, we need to know on which screen you were before the crash, it could maybe help us to find out quickly this bug !

CK Version: 2.1.1
Additional Mods: None active, active DLC's Legacy of Rome, Sword of Islam, The old Gods and The republic.

I've tried to start twice and both times I got ctd before I even unpaused the game or did anything else but look around. First time as Aragorn and second Nazgul in Dol Guldur. I have no idea why it happens, might be my pc though it isn't that old, and can run vanilla with some mods just fine.

Added error log if that is any help.

Attachments

• error.rar
    1,7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
CK Version: 2.1.1
Additional Mods: None active, active DLC's Legacy of Rome, Sword of Islam, The old Gods and The republic.

I've tried to start twice and both times I got ctd before I even unpaused the game or did anything else but look around. First time as Aragorn and second Nazgul in Dol Guldur. I have no idea why it happens, might be my pc though it isn't that old, and can run vanilla with some mods just fine.

Added error log if that is any help.
Do you play with "ironman mode active"?

MEP Version: 0.1.5b
Installation type: 0.1.5b full + compatibility patch
Additional Mods: None
Brief Summary of Issue: I've started a game playing as the Chief of the Rhudaur Hillmen (don't remember his name), and the game frequently crashes to desktop when I mouseover the conditions for an Intrigue decision.

Installation type: 0.1.5b full + compatibility patch
Additional Mods: None
Brief Summary of Issue: I've started a game playing as the Chief of the Rhudaur Hillmen (don't remember his name), and the game frequently crashes to desktop when I mouseover the conditions for an Intrigue decision.
It has already been fixed, thanks ;)

Installation type: 0.1.5b and compatibility patch
Brief Summary of Issue: Characters constantly trying to assassinate themselves. Over about an hour of playing, I had it happen to me twice, and saw it happen to a number of other characters. Galadriel, Theoden, and a number of others managed to off themselves. Very odd.

Installation type: 0.1.5b and compatibility patch
Brief Summary of Issue: Characters constantly trying to assassinate themselves. Over about an hour of playing, I had it happen to me twice, and saw it happen to a number of other characters. Galadriel, Theoden, and a number of others managed to off themselves. Very odd.
You mean by Plot?

You mean by Plot?

Well, how it has gone in the game is like this: I get a message out of nowhere telling me that my character has been maimed. I close that, and immediately after there is a message telling me that my assassins failed in their attempt to kill me.

For the a.i. characters I've seen who were killed, the text will read something like "Theoden murdered by the order of Theoden" or something similar. I'll start another game and see if I can get a screenshot, if that will help.

Well, how it has gone in the game is like this: I get a message out of nowhere telling me that my character has been maimed. I close that, and immediately after there is a message telling me that my assassins failed in their attempt to kill me.

For the a.i. characters I've seen who were killed, the text will read something like "Theoden murdered by the order of Theoden" or something similar. I'll start another game and see if I can get a screenshot, if that will help.
Ok, thanks.

Ok, thanks.

Here's a screenshot, just in case.

FAySFzl.png

I can only hope that Sauron doesn't decide that the whole ring thing is too much for him as well.

Here's a screenshot, just in case.

FAySFzl.png

I can only hope that Sauron doesn't decide that the whole ring thing is too much for him as well.

We'll try to fix this annoying bug for the next major update, thanks for the report !

I almost always CTD when im in the intrege menue, Ive tried 3 difirent caracters in 3 difirent kingdoms and it always happen. I have all 3 of the downlodeable files and ive reinstaled them twise now

Yeah we know it. The quick fix is to remove the "employement_decisions.txt" file in "Documents/Paradox Interactive/Crusader Kings II/mod/MiddleEarthProject 0.1b/decisions". Sorry for this bug ;)

ck2 version:2.1.3
mep version: 0.2.1b
installation type:from mirror(dropbox), all files related to mep(ealier version) were deleted before installation
aditional mods: none
summary (1): seazone unit position + path display is broken, fleets show up nowhere near the seazone they are in, with no real way of finding them back(I have no idea were they go, but not were should be). The paths that are displayed go randomly across the map, this doesn't effect the actual path taken(as far as I can see), mostly what's displayed(seems) is wrong.
This makes it nearly impossible to raid, because you can't find your fleet(and troops aboard it).

summary (2): the most northern province of bellakar (narik-zadan) doesn't have a connection to a seazone. It's possible to raise ships, but they can't go anywhere.

ck2 version:2.1.3
mep version: 0.2.1b
installation type:from mirror(dropbox), all files related to mep(ealier version) were deleted before installation
aditional mods: none
summary (1): seazone unit position + path display is broken, fleets show up nowhere near the seazone they are in, with no real way of finding them back(I have no idea were they go, but not were should be). The paths that are displayed go randomly across the map, this doesn't effect the actual path taken(as far as I can see), mostly what's displayed(seems) is wrong.
This makes it nearly impossible to raid, because you can't find your fleet(and troops aboard it).

summary (2): the most northern province of bellakar (narik-zadan) doesn't have a connection to a seazone. It's possible to raise ships, but they can't go anywhere.

Thanks for these reports, we'll fix it as soon as we can!

Running CK2 2.1.4 and MEP 0.2.1b, the latter of which I edited so that horse archer retinues are no longer free and worthless. I'm getting a strange and annoying bug where an event will pop up, but the button is greyed out and I can't click it. Additionally, I can't click on anything except map provinces; my keyboard will do things, hitting escape brings up the main menu, but I can't click anything on the main menu. I suspect this might be a vanilla bug, but having only played MEP and GoT (where this hasn't happened (yet)), well...