• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

philabos

Sergeant
39 Badges
Dec 15, 2002
Visit site
  • Stellaris
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Pride of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • For the Motherland
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Cities in Motion
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
i am trying to create a metro line that diverges at a wye junction. I am using a waypoint to direct in left, yet it goes down to the end of the right line before returning to the left direction. Is their a way out of this?

Did you use '4-track rail' or '2-track rail'. When using 4 track-rail the outer track(s) wont have a switch for your junction. Using two-track rail should'nt cause problems. Does this help?

Make sure the way point is in the right place in the stop list. In other words if the way point is after the third stop make sure it is the fourth stop. If it is after the 4th stop it will go there and then have to come back to it and then do any stops after.

The multi-track switch bug was constantly reported as a problem on this forum, but never fixed by CO. You have to, either add a single track loop, or downgrade the multi-track to double track as a workaround for the problem. It's really annoying!
The multi-track lines are of very limited practical use in the game due to the inability of placing stations on their inner tracks. It's a feature of the game that was never properly developed and would have had the possibility of a major upgrade had CO been interested in further developing the game.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Well I worked around that finally thanks to your helpful posts. Then I noticed my route sailed past the depot for some reason but corrected that through waypoints. What confuses me most is the scale which remains a mystery to me. No transit agency would run on two hour head ways with low capacity vehicles but I understand from reading the forums this all has to do with scaling. Ok, but what is the scale? Just watch for angry passengers?
Apparently they did a better job with Skylines, but I am not really into city builders.

You need to use the rule-set editor to 'scale the game'.
To get a more realistic feel to the game. I set the time/speed to 20%, the city population to 300% and the vehicle capacity to 300%. You may also need to reduce the car ownership to prevent you being swamped by traffic due the increased population. With this you will be able to run your metros at a 5min frequency, and your 'on road' transport at 10min frequency.