• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

State Machine

MOS FET
5 Badges
Feb 8, 2001
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II
Map Errors

Please post any errors like province names and such in this thread only.

Edit: For reference by my fellow mods, these problems are reported as bugs 4397, 4398, and 4399.

The last post considered for 1.02

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I dont know if this has been addressed before but is there any chance to fix the link between Timmins and Marquette so ground units can move through there? Also, that river seperating them should be the St. Mary's river, not Whitefish Bay.

Originally posted by wolf52
I dont know if this has been addressed before but is there any chance to fix the link between Timmins and Marquette so ground units can move through there? Also, that river seperating them should be the St. Mary's river, not Whitefish Bay.
The bad link has been mentioned. To change it we would need to edit adjacent.tbl which we (users) don't have any tools for now. I would think Paradox could do it but maybe not. This is generally true of links between provinces. The exception is links from port provinces to sea areas; that can be changed in province.csv (and has been).

Far East modification

1.Terraion
SU
1658 Chabarovsk: swamp to hills
(swamp spread mostly west bank, not east)

Korea
hills: 1668 Sinuiju, 1672 Heijo, 1676 Koshu, 1678 Fuzan
clear: 1674 Keijo

2.Infrastructure
Korea
40: 1664 Kange, 1677 Saishu
50: 1665 Seishin, 1666 Kanko, 1671 Genzan, 1673 Shunsen

Japan
60: Naha

Port
All Japanese/Korean provinces next to sea should have port, but in paticular,
1665 Seishin, 1671 Genzan should have port to 1669(west Japan sea)

Beach
1674 Keijo should have beach(Inchon)
1788 Bandar Seri Begawan should have beach(Miri and Seria, IJ landed there)

Korean IC
I forgot to write. As someone mentioned earlier in this thread, all Korean provinces should have at least 1IC. And Heijo should have more IC as there were both iron/coal mines. So

Addition:
0to1: 1665 Seishin, 1668 Sinuiju, 1675 Taikyu

Relocation
3to2: 1674 Keijo
1to2: 1672 Heijo

I did beach/port additon by myself. The lines below include infra/IC modification I suggested the post above.

1665;Seishin;;;;Temperate;mountain;;;50;;0;0;1;1;0;0;0;0;16220;2248;16220;2248;16253;2263;16220;2248;0;-100;-100;0;-100;-100;0;-100;-100;0;-100;-100;0;16227;2231;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
1671;Genzan;;;;Temperate;mountain;;;50;;0;1669;1;1;0;0;0;0;16147;2430;16137;2440;16177;2440;16147;2430;0;-100;-100;0;-100;-100;0;-100;-100;0;-100;-100;0;16145;2456;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
1674;Keijo;;;;Temperate;clear;;;60;;3;1679;2;10;0;0;0;0;16147;2573;16147;2573;16113;2564;16147;2573;0;-100;-100;0;-100;-100;0;-100;-100;0;-100;-100;0;16151;2551;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
1788;Bandar Seri Begawan;;;;Tropical;jungle;;;35;;3;1795;1;0;7;0;0;23;15738;4404;15738;4404;15689;4376;15728;4356;1;-100;-100;0;-100;-100;0;-100;-100;0;-100;-100;0;15746;4405;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Last edited:
Eratta

I'm sorry but I made mistake in previous post about Manchukuo/Russian Border.
B) Wrong nationalty(occupation)
Borzja and Tahe (or southern bank of Ergun River) should be Manchukuon province. In game term, it should be teated as Japanese annexed territory. It should be removed from Russian natinal province as well.

Original HoI border is right. I mistook the river name on the HoI map with real river name.:(
So, here goes river name eratta:

(1)South Border of 1557 Nenjiang and 1660 Hegang
Current Caption:Amiu River
Right Caption: Ussuri(Ussurie) River

(2)North Border of 1553 Borzja,1552 Tahe, and 1533 Ulan-Ude
Current Caption:Amiu River
Right Caption: Shilka River

(3)North West Border of 1555 Oroqen Zizhiqi
Current: No river existed
Right: Amur(Amiu) River runs from here.

(confusing...)

Aye, but we can't change the hardcoded names on the map :(

We can only change them in the province info screen. If you have a proposal for Stalino then, I'll replace it.

Originally posted by Vulture
Aye, but we can't change the hardcoded names on the map :(

We can only change them in the province info screen. If you have a proposal for Stalino then, I'll replace it.
I don't remember exact borders of that province but I used to vacation there :cool: I think Zaporozhye would do (it's a big industrial city on the right bank of Dnieper, right where the river curves back to the west). Herson also might work - it's a Black Sea port NW of Crimea. Finally, you could go with an Azov Sea port of Berdyansk. Wait a moment, I believe at that time is was actually called Osipenko :) Ya know, it's hard to keep up with all the Soviet name changes.

Oh, I've just remembered - I think the map also have a province of Ustinov. Hello! Ustinov was Brezhnev's defense minister and Perm was renamed after him after his death. And only for a coupla years. I'll need to look at the map carefully.

Originally posted by Andrew_CLT
I don't remember exact borders of that province but I used to vacation there :cool: I think Zaporozhye would do (it's a big industrial city on the right bank of Dnieper, right where the river curves back to the west). Herson also might work - it's a Black Sea port NW of Crimea. Finally, you could go with an Azov Sea port of Berdyansk. Wait a moment, I believe at that time is was actually called Osipenko :) Ya know, it's hard to keep up with all the Soviet name changes.

Oh, I've just remembered - I think the map also have a province of Ustinov. Hello! Ustinov was Brezhnev's defense minister and Perm was renamed after him after his death. And only for a coupla years. I'll need to look at the map carefully.
There are lots of such map mistakes - and nothing can be done... As Vulture said, the map is hard-coded

BTW, when I think of it now, Paradox should really hire someone who knows the map of the world before they release their next game. So far every game they issued had lots of map names' problems (Spiff!).
Cheers

Hey, I hard code a lot of stuff myself, but that all can be changed!
The expression 'hard-coded' here on this forum in most cases is a synonym of 'unchangable'.

Probably the map could be changed, but it's simply too much work and the Paradox do not want do deal with it.
Cheers

Originally posted by Halibutt
The expression 'hard-coded' here on this forum in most cases is a synonym of 'unchangable'.

Probably the map could be changed, but it's simply too much work and the Paradox do not want do deal with it.
Cheers
Ah, if the names on the name are not really strings but part of the bitmap, I can understand ;)

Ah, if the names on the name are not really strings but part of the bitmap, I can understand ;)

They are part of the bitmap ;) Rendering the whole map again takes 2 days on dual high end PC's ;)
Figures ;)

And it would render a patch HUGE!

Hi!

If the user community were actually able to provide Paradox with a complete list of provincial name corrections - setting aside the idea of giving provinces their real names, and not the names of some city within them :) - would it be worth two days of computer time to generate the corrected bitmap and then make it available as an optional download, in the same way that the picture pack is now?

Just a thought.... :)

Paul

The Philippines in the HoI map

It's such a shame that Bataan and Corregidor are not represented in the game. It would have been tons more logical to put THEM in instead of the island of Casigurian. The geography of the Philippines is always messed up and has been since EU1. I don't know why they can't just consult a decent map - if they can get Japan or Malaysia or India right, why not the Philippines? The problem is that Manila Bay, reputed to be the finest natural anchorage in Southeast Asia, can only be accessed if Bataan and Corregidor (a tiny island at the mouth of the bay) are held. This was a CRITICAL part of Japanese strategy and in its present state you CANNOT fight the almost six month stand made by the United States Army Forces Far East (USAFFE) - General Masaharu Homma, commander of the Japanese 14th Army, was torn between destroying the enemy's field forces (the USAFFE) and capturing the enemy's capital (Manila). He chose (or was made to choose) the latter and took Manila easily just after new years 1942. The problem was the USAFFE had slipped away to Bataan (which realistically should be a tiny Malta or London sized attachment to the so-called Baguio territory and Manila Bay should be a separate body of water) and 'corked the bottle' so to speak, denying Japan use of the bay and, more importantly, the well developed port, supply and repair facilities (no other Philippine city at the time had the necessary port facilities for extensive maritime use).

Mindanao was and still is the richest in terms of resources having abundant food, wood and metal supplies. It is however, the most under-developed, due to the seething Muslim-Christian conflict that continues to this day. Davao should be the most developed (relatively) region on the island, having the most important Christian city. Laoag area should be quite mountainous and home to numerous mining projects which should supply plenty of metal, while Baguio (actually should be called Pampanga or Central Luzon Plain) should be generally flatland, rich in food. All these areas should be underdeveloped infrastructurally and industrially (though Laoag should have those mines so that should count as maybe 1 or 2 Industrial Complex) Manila really doesn't have that many resources but it should have good industrial development and better infrastructure than the 'provinces'.

My grandfather served there during WW2 and was captured by the Japanese and held in a POW camp till 1945 so it's something personal for me.

Thanks,
Richmond

Game crashes in 1940

At first everything was generally fine until mid 1940, the Vichy event. As soon as it fired the game crashed and my computer hung. This was using the CORE mod. Then I played it as the vanila HoI and apparently it's not CORE's fault. The game crashed in the middle of 1940 as well. What's wrong?

Thanks,
Richmond

Clicking a game log line concerning Bikar Sea (Pacific) will take you to Fort Laperrine (sp?) in Africa, for example "1st Squadron has arrived at Bikar Sea."