• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(7161)

First Lieutenant
Jan 4, 2002
Visit site
Merging units

Sorry, don't mean to pile on but I keep finding 'opportunities' :)

This isn't a bug but a strong suggestion (or maybe I'm just missing something).

Merging units right now is a pain (big time) because you cannot see what type of units you're merging. So I've got like 10 individual units in a prov...I can see what is individually but when you start selecting multiple units to merge, all you see is 2 corp, 3 corp etc. So, I want to merge all of my mech and armored divs into a mechanized corp but I can't to one from another in the merge screen.

Would be nice to get this corrected....or pls tell me what I'm doing wrong. Thx.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
TO merge units what you do is highlight the province my holding down the left mouse button and creating the box (if you don't know what I mean I will clarifiy here). The you get a list of all the units in the province appearing on the right hand side. You can then use shift and click to remove units from the list. The merge units button appears at the bottom. I hope this helps.

Thx...I understand what you're saying..but I see a list in the prov that looks like this:

Pzgruppe - 2 div - Lt Lutz etc etc
2nd Corp - 2 div - ....
4th Corp - 1 div - ....
5th Corp - 1 div - ....

From this, I can tell that the pzgruppe contains tanks based on the unit name but I don't know what the 'Corps' contain (in this case, one of those corp's is a mech div..the rest are inf). I want to merge the pz w/ the mech to create a mobile armored fist but I can't tell from the information that is displayed. There has to be a better way IMHO because the current situation is very tedious.

Thx.

Originally posted by Emerson
Thx...I understand what you're saying..but I see a list in the prov that looks like this:

Pzgruppe - 2 div - Lt Lutz etc etc
2nd Corp - 2 div - ....
4th Corp - 1 div - ....
5th Corp - 1 div - ....

From this, I can tell that the pzgruppe contains tanks based on the unit name but I don't know what the 'Corps' contain (in this case, one of those corp's is a mech div..the rest are inf). I want to merge the pz w/ the mech to create a mobile armored fist but I can't tell from the information that is displayed. There has to be a better way IMHO because the current situation is very tedious.

Thx.

The way I always do things like this is strategically redeploy the divisions in question. As far as I know you can only merge full corps. with other full corps.