• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

deldonut1

Corporal
29 Badges
Sep 11, 2012
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Victoria 2
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
I'm changing end-date in my game to play after 1936, and I'm trying to find any game mechanics that I can change to try normalizing my gameplay after end-date. I'm already aware about:

- Changing end-date in defines.lua
- Changing end-date for many political parties, as some of them have end_date = 1936.1.1/1937.1.1 property

Is there any other change that I should apply? I've also head that elections stops after 1936, is that true? Thanks.

The biggest issues you'll encounter are resource shortages which will cause mass-unemployment and eventually bankruptcy and revolts. Because there are no more industry and commerce techs and inventions that boost resource production (mostly for coal, iron, and cotton), you'll see a perennial liquidity crisis. At first most people will just emigrate to the Americas and your colonies, but those places will start filling up leaving your angry pops nowhere to go.

So basically just add a whole mess of techs for after 1936. It's a relatively simple copy and paste job for the tech and invention files. The issue will be expanding the UI to accommodate the new techs. Good luck with that. You may want to take a peak at what New World Order has done. I think they've fiddled with the tech UI.

I would also strongly suggest more factories and factory produced goods as well as increasing the base number of factories per state to accommodate the massive amounts of pops you'll be dealing with if you play much after 1936. It might be a good idea to change the base number of pops required to create a division as well just to combat soldier spam late-game.

A way to potentially pump the breaks on overproduction and thus delay the resource shortage would be to disable turning colonies into states but allow invention modifiers to spread to colonies. You would need to come up with a way to allow non-European countries to turn colonies into states like the USA and Canada though.

All the modifiers that expire in 1936... expire in 1936.
Nope! Duration is set to -1 days on most if not all modifiers like that, so it automatically goes to whatever the end date is set to.

Reactions:
Answering my question here,

HPM It doesn't change RGOs, but to help with your game, you can change RGO pop capacity at production_types.txt from 40.000 to anything else, I did 80.000.

This will provide more resource production for everyone, and will change the early game somewhat.

Also, political parties timeout is hardcoded and not -1, so you must change those, HPM has them expire on 2000.1.1. They are defined per country and it's alot of work to change!

In vanilla some parties time out at 1936 while others go to 2000 iirc.

I want to keep playing after 1936. 100 years is too short. :(