• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(26969)

Recruit
Mar 20, 2004
i have been trying to play but the game only comes up in a central box that makes it diff to scroll and read the tiny words. I went to the icon on my desktop and went to properties then maximized the screen, but it still occurs. any suggestions?

Go to your Hearts of Iron settings (it will be inside the directory where you installed it or on your programs list.) Once there, you can change the resolution (in your case make it smaller), enable/disable music, etc...

Hope that helps.

Oh and by the way, welcome to the forum.

agillcag said:
i have been trying to play but the game only comes up in a central box that makes it diff to scroll and read the tiny words. I went to the icon on my desktop and went to properties then maximized the screen, but it still occurs. any suggestions?
Is this on a laptop? Sounds like your desktop resolution is higher than the game resolution and your system is not set up to always run full screen. On my Dell Inspiron 8200 using the "Fn+F7" (labelled 'Font') keys toggles this behaviour. It's a hardware function with LCD panels, not Windows. AFAIK the game is ALWAYS full-screen as far as Windows is concerned.