Master Thesis about strategy games on Console! In collaboration with Paradox Interactive. Looking for survey participants!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Aron_Paradox

UX Designer
Sep 29, 2020
Hi!

I'm currently writing my Master Thesis in collaboration with Paradox Interactive at Umeå University, Sweden. The aim is to improve the User Experience (UX) of strategy, 4X, and grand strategy games on consoles (PlayStation, Xbox). This survey will serve as a basis for my thesis. I'm looking for people that have played any of the strategy games listed below on PlayStation and/or Xbox. The survey takes 3-6 minutes per game that you have played.
  • Civilization VI
  • Stellaris: Console Edition
  • Halo Wars 2
  • Frostpunk
  • Cities Skylines
  • Surviving Mars
  • Tropico 6
  • Sudden Strike 4
  • Red Alert 3
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence
  • Grand Ages: Medieval
Take the survey

Thank you!

• 5Like
  • 3Love
Reactions:
Answered. Basically my opinion is they should leave in the PC controls on all ports or games released on consoles and PC. It's completely arbitrary not to as Xbox and PS4 both support USB devices. Don't make it default so you don't get a bunch of morons screeching when they didn't read the "requirements" but leave it as an option, even if buried uner a menu or even a "cheat code" you have to enter to access it.

Reactions:
Not the whole thing, no. Maybe some pertinent details or stuff that goes against what would be "common knowledge"

My Thesis will be published at Umeå University's DiVa portal here sometime after January 2021. I'll make sure to make a post here to let you know what it's called when it's done.

Sorry to all the peeps who missed the chance to answer the survey! The results have since long been analyzed and now I have a new test!

Check it out here!

Or check it out in this Reddit post.

• 2Like
Reactions: