• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Lesmith

Recruit
26 Badges
Nov 13, 2020
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 -  Back to Hell
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 - Second Wave
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • For the Motherland
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
How do you use them? I have the doctrine unlocked and the battalion added into a unit. They’re the only battalion type in the division, don’t even have any support companies attached, yet I can’t seem to use the ability to leave from any coastal province. Any ideas ? Thanks

How do you use them? I have the doctrine unlocked and the battalion added into a unit. They’re the only battalion type in the division, don’t even have any support companies attached, yet I can’t seem to use the ability to leave from any coastal province. Any ideas ? Thanks

Like any naval transfer, they still need to select a port to go to, although they can leave from anywhere. You can't just sit them in the sea off a coast, waiting to pop back in.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Like any naval transfer, they still need to select a port to go to, although they can leave from anywhere. You can't just sit them in the sea off a coast, waiting to pop back in.
So they just use the normal naval invasion button?

• 1Like
Reactions:
I think you just click on the friendly destination port like you would for any transport of divisions from one port to another. Except now the "port" of embarkation is just regular coast.

Yes, this. It means you can perform some riskier maneuvers and retreat from potentially nasty situations more easily.

• 2Like
Reactions:
That makes so much sense I don’t know why but I assumed it would work like when a unit retreats from a port then just routes wherever.

Can I also if they will get their sprites updates to also reflect the ones used by normal Marine battalions? At the mo they just use standard infantry sprites :)

Reactions:
Excuse me for waking an old thread, but to be clear: Is it so that a marine commando formation can consist of only marine commandos to be able to exfiltrate from coastal tiles? Not even any support companies?

And: If I just want to use the to cause some infrastructure damage, is it feasible to just use one battalion as the entire formation?