• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

y1kdcb5au9rqw

Lurker No More
77 Badges
Apr 29, 2008
  • 500k Club
MARE·NOSTRVM Clip Show

I was going over my list of attachments here on the forum (with my latest bug report for the 2.32b patch) and found that I actually have six screen shot from MARE·NOSTRVM uploaded here. Since nothing much is happening at the moment I thought I would do a little “clip show” to commemorate my 100th post :)

First we have the top bar in the interface. This was made public during a discussion on the start date, which as you can see has been altered somewhat in the screen shot, however it also shows a more functional approach to the buttons and information available there.

topint.png

Second we have a slightly outdated screen shot of the province interface made public in a thread about the technology system. Lots of interesting information here if you look carefully ;)

provint.png

This is from the same thread as number two. Here we see the “main” interface of MARE·NOSTRVM with a good deal of information on the mod as well. The [+] is there as a sort of debugging tool and is not intended to remain once the system is done.

lawbrowser.png

Next we have a couple of shots from a thread I started my self. This first one is of the province development interface. The most interesting thing here is actually the Administration modifier... ;)

provdev.png

And here we have some information on one of the “national ideas”. Public Works is of course related to the interface above but there is also some other information there like the names of some other “ideas” and the modifier “Productivity”.

ideapw.png

Finally we have the province map, posted in the thread on the expansion of the Epigoni map. It is my dream to finish this and use it in MN at some point but unfortunately I like modding government and politics a lot more than maps.

provinces.png

Hope you enjoyed the clip show :D

Part 2

With over 100 views it is time for a couple of new screenies

The 2.32b patch has proved quite good so I have started breaking the mod up in smaller modules and working on them individually. Religion and OOB/Units are only awaiting balancing while the government/administration module is coming along nicely.

And now for the pictures; first we have a new alert for when we get too rich...

barrai.png

And here is the full selection of military units Rome can build.

romuni.png

Enjoy!

Part 3

Nearing the 250 mark it is time for a couple more...

natove.png

natide.png

Part 4
To celebrate the official patch; here is a more current look at the province window:

provint2.png

Part 5
Past the 500 mark I bring you these:

Avid followers of my musings will remember that I mentioned some radical changes to the technology system in another thread (the TechMod thread I think it was). Here is a shot of one of the major replacement components:

burint.png

The official patch (2.32c) did not fix the problem with F9 and F10 so I have decided to make my own shortcuts a part of MN. This of course could be confusing to players so I have added some helpful texts. Every button on the main interface now has a shortcut key except show/hide the message log. As I am using "i" for the Diplomacy screen the ledger has been moved to "l" which I am sure many EU3 players will appreciate ;)

shortcutsb.png

Part 6
We passed the 1000 mark a while back, so slightly delayed you get the full government screen for a republic:

govsen.png

Part 7
With the (somewhat unexpected) revival of this thread we passed 2000 views... meaning I had to dig up something new... so here is a table of (almost) all the different types of provinces in MN along with the screen from the map preview

77842584.png

Last edited:
Huh, nice. I wonder how the AI behaves with having so many units available?

Same way it does in Vanilla... it just lumps everything in there :)

This is not that big a problem though... however it builds way too many "Accensi" type units so I might have to give the AI a cost increase modifier on them so it (hopefully) will find the other units more attractive.

Should be noted that being able to build everything in one province is VERY expensive and VERY rare.

I like the Barbarian Raiders thing, too. How'd you get that?

It is actually a by-product of my administration system. I have removed the Vanilla stability concept and replaced it with something else but the alert when you have enough money to raise the stability is hard coded and would still pop up. At first I "removed" it by putting a high base stability cost in static modifiers but then it occurred to me that I could raise and lower this as part of my game mechanics and for now I use it to show the player that s/he is too sexy for the barbarians to resist.

If I find a more useful purpose for the alert this little feature will be changed though :)

Last edited:
Did I just see the possiblity of up to 8 different unit types (those 6 + cavalry archers and elephants, that should be available if not for rome atleast for others)? Gosh, great work! Looking forward to the release once it is completely complete.

PS, I couldn't see any of the pictures you posted, just the ones linked at the bottom in the thumbnails.

Did I just see the possiblity of up to 8 different unit types (those 6 + cavalry archers and elephants, that should be available if not for rome atleast for others)? Gosh, great work! Looking forward to the release once it is completely complete.

Well... you did to some extend... the good news is that I currently work with ten land units:
Irregular Infantry
Light Infantry
Medium Infantry
Heavy Infantry
Archers
Cavalry
Horse Archers
Heavy Cavalry
Chariots
Elephants
plus a number of siege engines yet to be decided on but the Ballista will be among them.

The "bad" news however is that I actually think six tactical units are to many and at one stage I was contemplating a reduction to an EU3 style system of only three. However because the basic stats of each tactical unit is static through out the game I decided to make six fairly different base units and use the in-game modifiers to simulate the various minor differences.

At some point I will do actual previews of all the modules I plan to finish for version one of the mod and warfare will have its own in that series.

PS, I couldn't see any of the pictures you posted, just the ones linked at the bottom in the thumbnails.

Moved them to imageshack for better exposure ;)

Last edited:
Good to see that you are all still kicking! Looking forward to the first release to see how all the great ideas have been implemented!

Apologies for not replying sooner (and not posting new screenies when the thread passed the 1000 mark). A good friend of mine got married last Saturday so I have been stuck on a small island in the middle of nowhere with limited internet capabilities and a MacBook for nearly two weeks now. Will put up some new stuff as soon as I am back behind the PC next week!

Good to see that you are all still kicking! Looking forward to the first release to see how all the great ideas have been implemented!

If anyone has the inside scoop, it would be you mate ;)

Want to play that map! :eek:

The map will not be in the first release but it will be done eventually.

Are you doing anything with the religion/trade system?

Yes and YES! More on this later on ;)

Map looks nice but why arabia and numidia and not east persia and india?

Because the map isn't finished :p

Indeed :)