• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Placeholder, and sorry to tell you but a very know one :(
We don't know when the game will be released so far. It could be 31/03/2021 or any other day on that year up to 31/12/2021 :(

I dare to presume its quite unlikely ...
I know that this year is not yet over, so there is some time remaining ... but, if they were planing to release in Q1, some promotional materials should be appearing any moment.
And when i asked in other topic here if we can expect any reveal this year, i was told that they are not allowed to tell us ...

I know it may mean both ...
Since the only reason to hide from people, who are frustrated from your pasivity, that there actualy is, or will be ... something to look forward to ... is bad marketing. :-/
I presume that there will be no new info in 2020 ... and therefore chances for BL2 being released in march seem quite thin.
On the other hand i personaly state that Paradox have bad (od empty) marketing department for around a year now ... so i may be wrong, but i would not hope for it.

Reactions:
Thanks for the responses. I have not looked for any info on the game since the last delay and have not seen any dates until i saw that date. Guess I will continue to wait and hooe for news soon.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Thanks for the responses. I have not looked for any info on the game since the last delay and have not seen any dates until i saw that date. Guess I will continue to wait and hooe for news soon.
As a general rule, any date that's listed at the end of a quarter is more likely to be a placeholder than not. When developers give vague dates like "early 2021" or "Q1 2021" that's when other websites start putting down dates like 3/31 because it's the very end of the first quarter.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I dare to presume its quite unlikely ...
I know that this year is not yet over, so there is some time remaining ... but, if they were planing to release in Q1, some promotional materials should be appearing any moment.
And when i asked in other topic here if we can expect any reveal this year, i was told that they are not allowed to tell us ...

I know it may mean both ...
Since the only reason to hide from people, who are frustrated from your pasivity, that there actualy is, or will be ... something to look forward to ... is bad marketing. :-/
I presume that there will be no new info in 2020 ... and therefore chances for BL2 being released in march seem quite thin.
On the other hand i personaly state that Paradox have bad (od empty) marketing department for around a year now ... so i may be wrong, but i would not hope for it.

so you think we might get some new info Q1 of next year? kinda long wait since we dont have a DD and i doubt there will be anymore reveal trailers of BL2 this year..even the prince said she doesn't know when BL2 was coming just sometime next year 2021

if you're talking about something a bit different then im sorry i don't understand..but anyways if they hired some good people right now then there shouldn't be problems if they got all the roles filled
ofc idk if there still looking or not but if i want to find out i need to check there organizations changes then correct?
eather way 2021 what the prince said so..any new info about a solid date might be hard to find but next year i hope there's new info so we can probably determine or guess a month..more info on the team and how things are going might help that

so you think we might get some new info Q1 of next year?
Not exactly ...
More like i think we dont get any info sooner ... about when we do? Im quite daring person, but i dont dare to hope around this project lately. :-/

Also i think that this game will (or more like should) be released around 3-4 months after they start to release new materials ...
So it kinda depends on your pesimism ...
If you expect next year December to be "release date", then i would recomend to expect waiting for info around end of August.
If you expect March (aka Q1) to be "release date", then i would expect they start releasing something this year, or very soon in January.

And yes, its a long time ... even longer when you are completely ignored. :-/
But since half year of pointing about this missbehaviour gets no difference, or maybe make it even worst ... well, i simply dont presume anything will change anytime "soon™ ".

ofc idk if there still looking or not but if i want to find out i need to check there organizations changes then correct?
Well, hardsuit is still hiring ... but that could mean anything as well as nothing at all. :-/

Last edited:
Reactions:
Well, hardsuit is still hiring ... but that could mean anything as well as nothing at all. :-/

According to Glassdoor, they're hiring for back-up projects if Bloodlines 2.2 doesn't happen, but it's Glassdoor, so take it with a grain of salt.

If March 31 is really the date, that would be amazing and surprising, but it sounds like that's placeholder. If so, I'd take it down immediately if it was them, as that feels like another date that they'd miss or people would assume they miss.

Reactions:
I gues that is one of problems with stores in game industry ... they dont care how many dates studio miss. :-/

Reactions:
I gues that is one of problems with stores in game industry ... they dont care how many dates studio miss. :-/

Well, yes. The store only cares how much it sells. Steam will not cry for an unfinished game, but for a unsold one :)
And many store may need to put a placerholder date, just to put it. Even when recent history has show how much of a bad idea is to even talk about release dates :(

Yup ...
But truth is, they could use placeholder 31/12/21 if they wanted to ...

But then people would comply for the release date to be that far, while others would just say it's a placeholder and other would be angry they can't play the game on release date because they will be with their family for new year :p