• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

giovdb

General
63 Badges
Sep 2, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Victoria 2
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
Hello,

I'm playing the first Syndicate Campaign Mission and acquired a Malictor. I successfully used Lure of the Dark in another Malictor unit, but when the battle ended, I didn't acquire the new unit. The enemy Malictor was the last unit on the field. Am I misunderstanding something, or is this a bug?

I'm using no mods, and no expansions.

Attached is the quicksave right before the battle, and then the save after the battle.

Attachments

• QUICKSAVE_SP.ACG
    285,5 KB · Views: 0
  • Malictor.ACG
    289,8 KB · Views: 0
In most circumstances you dont get to keep the mind controlled unit (it broke aow3 super duper hard). Your options for permanent mind control are syndicate Deploy Cerebral Control Collars (hero/subjugator ability), which turns the MC'd unit into an indentured at battle end, and the drained unit from heritor, which does give you the unit permanently but requires you to get the drained to prime rank, and then you lose the drained when you use the MC ability

All other mind control abilities only last for the duration of the battle

In most circumstances you dont get to keep the mind controlled unit (it broke aow3 super duper hard). Your options for permanent mind control are syndicate Deploy Cerebral Control Collars (hero/subjugator ability), which turns the MC'd unit into an indentured at battle end, and the drained unit from heritor, which does give you the unit permanently but requires you to get the drained to prime rank, and then you lose the drained when you use the MC ability

But some mind control specifically state *until end of battle*. This one does not. Same with the Transcendant Teacher. Is the tag wrong? Or does it have a *chance* to work permanently? Because I did "convert" a unit to my cause accidentally after they attacked one my bases.

Oh, and Amazons can definitely do it to animals.

forgot about the animal one, that's the third source of perma MC yep.

no, there are no chance mechanics in conversion outside of landing the convert. i guarantee you if you convert 50 units with lure of the dark none of them will hang around on the strat map, and if it did happen i would report it as a bug

So why did I gain a unit after Marauder's attacked one of my colonies? I automated the battle, so I'm not even sure what happened. The text said I converted one of them to my cause, but I don't understand why. I thought it was because of an ability similar to Lure of the dark.