making cool items like heat exchanger++ show up very often in shops in New Vandenburg

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

stkmro

Second Lieutenant
Jun 23, 2018
hi guys,

i think the stores in some planets like New Vandenburg will sell very cool items like heat exchanger++, gyro++, and comm systems++ but these items have extremely rare chance of showing up.

in order to make these items show up very often, is it as easy as editing the item json file, like changing the value of 5 and make it to 0?

i hope it is only one edit and not too many edit because there will be a problem keeping track how many edit i will be doing and then if something goes wrong, it will end up bricking the game.

02.png

is it as simple as editing from 5 to 0?

or are there more changes need to be done to make the item show up more often?

Rarity affects how often an item shows up in salvage.

The shops are defined in the JSONs in the shops folder, and are more complicated.

A shop file applies to any planet that has the restriction tags at the top of the shop file*, and if it applies, the items it lists are added to the mix for that planet.

If it just lists the item, that item should appear.

If it lists an item with a Weight, then it randomly appears, with a higher weight giving a better chance -- the weights for all weighted items are added up, and the weight of each item divided by the total weight is the percentage chance. The code goes down the list rolling, and each item that doesn't appear causes the next item to be more likely to appear -- so the odds get wonky depending on where the items are on the list and what lists (shop.JSON files) load first.

* the one thing I'm not certain about is whether a shop file with no restriction tags applies to all planets or no planets.

Rarity affects how often an item shows up in salvage.

The shops are defined in the JSONs in the shops folder, and are more complicated.

A shop file applies to any planet that has the restriction tags at the top of the shop file*, and if it applies, the items it lists are added to the mix for that planet.

If it just lists the item, that item should appear.

If it lists an item with a Weight, then it randomly appears, with a higher weight giving a better chance -- the weights for all weighted items are added up, and the weight of each item divided by the total weight is the percentage chance. The code goes down the list rolling, and each item that doesn't appear causes the next item to be more likely to appear -- so the odds get wonky depending on where the items are on the list and what lists (shop.JSON files) load first.

* the one thing I'm not certain about is whether a shop file with no restriction tags applies to all planets or no planets.
hi man,

thanks for the awesome reply.

although i can't really understand much about you say, i try to follow the clues that you give and did some search on google.

somethings come up and i managed to find one awesome guru in another forum giving advice on modding shops:
https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/6617481-shop-modifications/

i tried to follow his advice and woah.... suddenly all the fantastic items start to show up in the stores:
03.png

Looks like it worked for you -- I was going to come back and give more detail and some examples tonight, I posted that while waiting for the shower to warm up this morning before work.