• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Kaduseon

Sir King of Awesomeness
9 Badges
Nov 21, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Dungeonland
  • Magicka
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Magicka 2 - Signup Campaign
  • Magicka 2
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
I thought I posted this already, but apparently I haven't.

The slow bug in Wizard Wars was one wherein the player would move very slowly for no apparent reason. The problem wasn't solvable by dying, and would only end when the game ended, or on random occasions. You would remain as slow as you were when charging a projectile, and when you charge a projectile in your slowed state, you're even slower.

If I recall correctly, some research showed that it's tied to the way that Wizard Wars' handled slowing players' movement when charging projectiles, and then returning the speed when the projectile died 'properly' or something, but this would be an issue if projectiles can't die 'properly' all the time.

Given that Magicka 2 is about fluid movement, it'd be a shame to see this remain in the game. It was very frustrating in Wizard Wars, and I'm sure it would be about as frustrating in Magicka 2.

If necessary, I may be able dig through my recording archives to get you a video of what it's like.

Reactions:
I will let the development team know about this, hopefully this will be/already is fixed.

Reactions:
We have made a few fixes but admittedly it is not waterproof and can still happen. If you are always getting it in the final boss fight are you sure it is not because your wizard got cold?