• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
There was location of that bug appear. Province that cross that line sometimes was recognized as a province in two separate area :( both in magellan and in the game. so default cordinate of that province was in middle of the map. Just annoying to see COT, strom of american provs show up in Java sea :(
I just draw one province ( id 1 ) in file that was sent to you. and that bug show up

Last edited:
Magellan Elcana

So, here's a new release: Elcana.
It mostly fixes the bug described above, except for the PSD bug. There's also some eyecandy in mview:

mview-elcana.jpg

Enjoy it, folks. I'm on vacation from friday until the beginning of august, so don't expect any updates or responses in that period. ;)

Bug report for Elcana version with Minject

I used the Elcana version to try to make sure there are no problems in the area that had previously slide problems in south america. Basically I used mimage to export south america to a psd and then bring it right back in hoping it would find and correct a suspected id problem - and it did - so every thing seemed to go perfectly with mimage. No slide problem, found and fixed the suspected id issue.

I then opened the map file in mview - again no problems. Every thing displayed correctly.

I then used minject to bring the map file into the game and I ran into problems. I then copied all the old files back and repeated the entire process from start to finish from mextract through minject and had the same results on all three tests. The issue is that south america now shows in game twice - once correctly and once almost on top of africa with the result that the game crashes when you scroll to the duplicate south america. This in game display does not match the mview display. Mview is fine, in game is not. By trial and error I believe minject is creating the following files incorrectly:

Incgid.tbl
boundbox.tbl

I say this because after I repeated the process three times I then did it a forth time and had minject put the results in to a temporary directory from which I copied one file at a time in to the game and these two caused the in game display to be incorrect - ie the extra south america and extra PTI in the ocean etc.

I suspect there may be a problem with the adjacent.tbl as the game crashed on one test with this file but I am not sure.

The light maps seem ok - or atleast do not display anything strange. But as I did not really change anything on the maps my tests would not show a problem if there was one. At least I believe the light maps do not contain the duplicate south america.

In summary please look at how minject prepares Incgid.tbl and boundbox.tbl in relation to what ever you fixed in mimage for the slide problem.

Thanks again :) :)

Krantz said:
Inferis why did you remove the ability to see the cordinat of selected area in mview (left bottom, after selecting an area). I miss that ability! :(

I used it every time! ;)
Eh, I didn't remove it? It's still there... I tried using the version in the zip file, and it works fine.

Are you sure it doens't work over there?

Okey now i have the new version. :)

It looks great, but how can i scroll from side to side as before?

right mouse button yes! ;)
But not at the same time as left mouse button! :confused:

Some thing that I alwase wanted to have is a stop by mview when i have selected a to big area.

If i select a to big area in mview that I want to use in a psd.
Then it will not work to extract!

Could that be done in a futher update?

Last edited:
Update on bug report

Update to my last post:

I tried working with south america and africa on the same psd file with the result that I do not get a second south america - which is good so in this test Incgid.tbl did not cause problems. The problem with boundbox.tbl remains in displaying extra pti in a number of areas in error.

I noticed that in mview when a map is first loaded the map either will or will not scroll. (either it works or it does not upon opening a file). In most cases it seems to scroll correctly but I have had one use of mview where it would not scroll. The reload button had no effect on this.

As a side note the strange COT still displays on the wrong side of the world. I had hoped this was map related but it may not be.

Another Update on bug report

I used magellan to edit the province with the strange COT. Previously this province crossed the purple date line. The new edit made the province entirely on one side of the date line. The result was that the COT displayed correctly.

I then replaced the boundbox.tbl with the old boundbox.tbl and the COT displayed on the other side of the world. Therefore the boundbox.tbl seems to determine where a COT displays for a province on the map.

This test also found another bug with generating the boundbox.tbl in that the edited province (using the newly generated boundbox.tbl from magellan) was all PTI on game load for a country that had knowledge of this province until the columbus cheat was used twice. This is in addition to the extra pti I already mentioned which displays on numerous ocean areas in error that do not go away even with the Columbus cheat. I was unable to find anything wrong with these extra PTI areas when extracted to a PSD file. Most of these are near the date line or within a few provinces of the date line.

If I use the old boundbox with the edited map it crashes after a short while so for now I will live with the extra PTI.

Inferis I hope this information is helpful once you return from vacation. Thanks again. :) :)

Another update on bug report

Relating to the strange PTI along the date line. If I use the latest version of Magellan to create all the map files, then use an older version of minject (version 1.0.99.34934?) to create just the boundbox.tbl then the strange pti goes away along the date line. So I think the latest minject has a bug that the previous version did not.

Still have the strange PTI in one province as mentioned earlier. I also suspect there may be a bug related to Incgid.tbl with the latest minject as I mentioned earlier but I am not positive.

Best Wishes

:)

17blue17 said:
Relating to the strange PTI along the date line. If I use the latest version of Magellan to create all the map files, then use an older version of minject (version 1.0.99.34934?) to create just the boundbox.tbl then the strange pti goes away along the date line. So I think the latest minject has a bug that the previous version did not.
Hm, I did change some of the boundbox code to fix another problem. I could have figured it would introduce another error. :D

Is it possible to give me some test data for this issue?

Inferis said:
I'm not quite following what you mean? It's still possible to scroll, you know?

Well I can use the cordinats, but i like to drag and select a area and after that the cordinat shows up in the left corner, for me to write down.

But now i most right click to draw and can not select an area at the same time. I am also switching between the two newest version every time, I like both the new and the old version, but they are not like each other!

And to work whit a old map file I most have the old version of mview!

So it is litle harder to make a map now days!

But I like your new futher in the new version!

Krantz said:
Well I can use the cordinats, but i like to drag and select a area and after that the cordinat shows up in the left corner, for me to write down.
But they still do! There was an issue with that in a previous version, I recall... Are you sure you're using the Elcana version?